+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Falling Hard, What Do I Do?

Falling Hard, What Do I Do?

There's a girl I've recently fallen for...

I can't bring myself to ask her if she's interested. I can't get her number because my pessimism says she doesn't want to text me. I literally can not think of anything worse than seeing her with somebody else. I don't even know her, I don't know what music she likes, what food she likes, what her favourite color is, what she does in her free time and I like her so much. When I see a picture of her my heart beat goes through the roof. I don't even know her.

I have her in one class and she sits right behind me and all I hear the entire class is her talking to the guy next to her and I'm immediately jealous of him because he's able to sit right next to her and joke with her and just talk with her and that just leads to me imagining them together which absolutely kills me. This is a massive crush that I want to get rid of really badly because it's pretty agonizing.

I can only think of one way to get rid of it, I ask her if she's interested so I can either move on and force myself to forget about it or get her number and start talking to her if she were to be interested. Since I wouldn't be able to bring myself to ask her if she's interested and probably wouldn't be able to just ask for her number I'm going to be stuck constantly thinking about her until one day she's with some other guy and I then force myself to move on which would absolutely be the worst result but my pessimism says that'll be exactly what happens.

It's really killing me, I've began to like her so much over the last few weeks and she is where all of my focus has been. I don't know her very well and I would really like to get to know her but I am very ill-experienced in this sort of thing. My thought process is that, being very pessimistic, she is not interested in me and won't ever be and to be completely honest I've shed a fair share of tears at that thought. I'm not sure why but she is something special.

I need to know what to do here, as much as I'd like to just force myself to forget about her and move on (based on my pessimism) I can't being myself to do it, especially without knowing for sure whether or not she's interested. I need thorough, serious advice about what to do. This is really, really killing me.

Well, firstly I think you need to try to keep yourself in check. From the sounds of things, you don't really know this girl so you're, more or less, creating an image of who you think she is in your head. You might be horribly disappointed if you keep going that route.

Having said that, I once had a guy just walk up to me and introduce himself. I didn't find it strange and we're still friends today. I get the feeling he was/is interested in me but I just view him as a friend. I still really respect what he did though. I think if she's a decent human being, she'll at least be friendly and talk to you. If not, chances are, she's not the dream girl you thought she was anyways.

Note: I would think it hard for her to be interested when it sounds like you two haven't talked and you're just a guy she has class with. It sounds like you notice her a lot more than she notices you. If I'm wrong and you two have talked, you at least have an in and shouldn't find it too hard to start/continue a conversation with her.

We've talked a bit in the class, she has liked a few statuses and funny pictures on my facebook, I've liked a few pictures of her, she just happens to play racquetball like I do and she knows I play (Liked a status regarding it on facebook). She's really friendly and I am really nice to her when we do talk.

Okay so can you talk to her about racquetball? Or if you see her on Facebook, say hi and start talking about something. I mean, with her on your FB, that gives you access to a lot of information that you can use to start a conversation.

Stop putting girls you like up on a pedestal....they just hate that, they are just like anyone else. Your obsessing is making you feel, and act insecure...that's a big turn off and they can sense it from a mile away....it's damn creepy. The only thing that wins a girl over is confidence...learn to not give a shit.