+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she leading me on?

Is she leading me on?

Hello! First post!

I'm curious about this girl I'm developing feelings for. I'm confused at the moment and I was hoping if you ladies wouldn't mind helping me out?

So I'm friends with this girl in my graduate program (we're both in our mid 20's). We aren't that close of friends but we do share a social circle. We hang out with a group of friends from time to time. Ever since October-ish, I've been seeing signs that she MAY like me. She would do things like
    - text to check up on me (sometimes late at night).
    - bring me baked cupcakes to my apt
    - Flirty touching (she does do this w other guys though)
    - complimenting my clothes often, saying I'm handsome.
    - Sometimes she would hold my arm or hand ( I haven't seen her do this w anyone else)
    - asking questions about my hobbies and likes,
    - Get mad if I don't tell her if I'm sick or ask any favors.

However she has an outgoing personality and is kinda flirty in general. In school, we generally don't talk to each other because we sit in different sections. I know she sees me sometimes but doesn't say hi.

I asked her last week if she wanted to see a cinema with me but she said she was busy. She counter offered by asking if I wanted to come along w/ her and a friend (anothe guy in our class) to another event. I took a rain check on that and she said we could hang out later in the week (no concrete time). Ever since I asked her, she hasn't been initiating any conversations( text or in person) so I thought she may have been weirded out by me or something.

If she was interested in you, she would have counter-offered with a time where you could meet alone, or offered to go to the movies with you at the next available time. And she would not be communicating less with you after you'd expressed interest if hers was mutual.

I'd say it's a no from her reaction to you asking for alone time with her. However, her other behavior (such as holding your hand and stuff), I cannot explain. Maybe she's found someone else recently? Whatever the case, just get on with your life.

Yeah, I had that feeling as well. If she liked me, she would have been more happy. Thank you for your input