+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Hate to tell you, but some women like the 'thrill of the chase'. It's not just men who enjoy it.
    Yeah, but it probably isn't that common.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    It is the norm, except perhaps in the backwoods of the country or other rural areas but as I live in a metro area, I observe modern humans, not those trapped in the 50s. I can't really speak for that crowd so perhaps what you say applies to them.
    And I live in the inner-city area of a capital city. Can't get much more metro than that. And what Searock writes also holds true for me.

Well, I don't know anything about Australian culture. But here in America, what I say rings pretty true.

Again: you are talking about what you observe in your particular part of the city, which is one city in one state. It makes no sense to assume that your observations are true as a general rule, valid for all "contemporary America".

Well, it just follows: Being an American, I think am more privy to understanding the culture here than those who don't live here. I mean, L.A. is essentially a tawdry knockoff of New York and the East Coast culture. Things might be even WORSE on the East Coast (particularly pretentious old New York).

Yeah, except that basically all the other US natives on this forum don't agree with your theories either.

Well, perhaps they just need more experience, really. I mean, I've gone places and seen how others date. That's a decent substitute for actual experience. Besides, which fellow 'Murricans don't agree with me?

Your "observations" are really just your insecurities and anger boiling over.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I mean, I've gone places and seen how others date. That's a decent substitute for actual experience.
    Yeah, and I go to my roommate's Shingitai Jujitsu classes and just watch. I figure I'll be a master at it in no time if I watch closely enough.

Yeah, well, my lack of a dating life is a Catch-22, moreso than any other guy out there.

OP is obviously making silly generalizations like these because he is a virgin.

Actually, whether or not I was a virgin (which is technically not true from a medical standpoint; men can't be virgins) that has nothing to do with the veracity of my statements.

I am pretty sure with just a little of the legions of evidence at my disposal that my views would hold up in a court of law.

Your lack of a dating life is all your own doing. You can make up as many "theories" as you want, you can blame everyone around you, it won't change your situation. I've blatantly told you a number of times now that you are attractive. You seem to be an entirely different guy when actually speaking to someone and that's a good thing because this bitterness is a major turn off whether you are female or male, gay or straight, ugly or hot, you name it. If you put on a smile and talked some girl up, between the smile and the confidence, you could hook someone. The more you sit there and do nothing and then blame your inactivity on made up theories, the more time you are wasting, it's that simple. If you don't like something about yourself, change it. If you don't feel like trying, that's fine, but at least place the blame where it belongs.

As for your theory, as someone else pointed out, it can just as easily be turned around the other way. Personally, I approach men when I feel like it because I prefer being direct. I don't like playing games for weeks or months, I don't like having to wait for a shy guy to make a move, and I don't like the stereotype that the woman can't be the aggressor. It's almost 2013...I've been taught to go for the degree(s) I want, the career I want, etc. but I can't go for the man I want unless I'm ugly? I was far less likely to approach someone, for romantic or platonic purposes, when I felt insecure. I started working out, changed up my wardrobe, and my approach to life in general shifted. I'm more sociable and if I see a guy I want, I'm far more likely to make some kind of move now than I was when I was painfully insecure.

On the flip side, you've had to have seen larger women wearing clothes more suited for swimwear models. I see them every time I set foot outside my house. Those girls aren't insecure, they think they're hot stuff, for better or for worse.

Sure, all that is true.

However..this thread isn't really about my dating life.

Oh no, it is, not blatantly so but it's connected. If you were happily dating someone, a vast majority of these threads would never get made. You feel unattractive and like your situation is unfair so you create these theories which often seem to be thinly-veiled rants.

Of course! If I was happily dating, I wouldn't even be ON this forum (or the PoF forums) and hell, I probably wouldn't be here at home.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast