+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this?

What do you think of this?

I've a very solid hypothesis, just needing validation from neutral contemporaries to justify it as a theory so without further ado, my latest generalization that will most likely offend you:

Only unattractive women make the first move because they're scared of dying alone. Attractive women don't make the first move because they don't need to: guys will hit on them and within a week, they'll have a stable of studs and duds to select from.

Cool story bro.

I'm not sure about that one. I'm attractive (So I've been told and uhm...quick glance at myself... I like what I see). With that being said. I have made the first move a few times. But that was a mutual attraction and we were making eyes with each other and I was sure they wanted to talk to me. I would speak first and we would go from there. Its funny because Im still on good terms with two of them. One of them is full of s*** but thats for a diff topic. Anyway it wasnt because I was scared of dying alone or because I wasnt attractive.

Now at this day in time in my life Im not making no first moves. With me being attractive with confidence ( which I think attractive people that have a high level of confidence have a certain way about them which makes them more noticeable and even more attractive) I basically am living by what you said as far as not needing to make the first move. Mostly because I'm the woman. The man is the pursuer and basically what you said, I just dont have to go out my way to do all that. I do agree with that part. The first one about not wanting to die alone and unattractive women only making the first move I dont know about all that because I have done it myself and it wasnt for those reasons.

You could be right since I assume your speaking in general come to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    Cool story bro.
    Thanks, bro.

Nah... women that are considered unattractive by the common standards are also the more insecure, in general. So they will rarely make the first move. Women that, on the other hand, are considered attractive by common standards have the confidence to approach any guy they like. So if I were forced to make a generalization, I would make it the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by PradaChanel View Post
    You could be right since I assume your speaking in general come to think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PradaChanel View Post
    I'm not sure about that one. I'm attractive (So I've been told and uhm...quick glance at myself... I like what I see). With that being said. I have made the first move a few times. But that was a mutual attraction and we were making eyes with each other and I was sure they wanted to talk to me. I would speak first and we would go from there. Its funny because Im still on good terms with two of them. One of them is full of s*** but thats for a diff topic. Anyway it wasnt because I was scared of dying alone or because I wasnt attractive.

Now at this day in time in my life Im not making no first moves. With me being attractive with confidence ( which I think attractive people that have a high level of confidence have a certain way about them which makes them more noticeable and even more attractive) I basically am living by what you said as far as not needing to make the first move. Mostly because I'm the woman. The man is the pursuer and basically what you said, I just dont have to go out my way to do all that. I do agree with that part. The first one about not wanting to die alone and unattractive women only making the first move I dont know about all that because I have done it myself and it wasnt for those reasons.
    I thought I was onto something...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Nah... women that are considered unattractive by the common standards are also the more insecure, in general. So they will rarely make the first move. Women that, on the other hand, are considered attractive by common standards have the confidence to approach any guy they like. So if I were forced to make a generalization, I would make it the other way around.
    Well, that's an interesting idea but hot women don't need or ever feel compelled to make the first move: they can sit back and in one night arrange like 5-6 dates that week.

I mean, why would one WORK for something when one can be handed things? Hot women have natural commodities that are highly prized and so men jump through hoops. A hot girl running the risk in pursuing a guy rather than vice versa seems like frivolous effort.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 08-12-12 at 03:57 AM.

Well, a "hot" woman may want one guy in particular, and if he doesn't make the first move/show his interest for whatever reason (maybe even because he's shy), then she'll make it because she'll be confident enough. Whereas an "unattractive" woman will probably be too insecure to make the first move unless there's evident mutual attraction.

It's obviously a silly generalization either case - not all "unattractive" women are insecure and not all "attractive" women are not.

The only thing is: hot women are conditioned to only be attracted to titans. Shy guys are generally shy because well we know we have no physical merit and that's all that matters in the dating world. So if she's going to violate one of the principles of being a gracious beauty, she's going to pursue some jackass who doesn't pay her attention. And that is pretty rare..unless the guy is hot.

There we go again with the utterly absurd generalizations.

They aren't absurd: I've personally witnessed this. Us non-special guys are on the outside looking in.

You may have witnessed some occurrences, but it is NOT the norm.

Some shy guys are very attractive (I'm not talking only about looks).
    Some attractive girls like shy guys.
    Being shy is not the only reason for which a guy might not make the first move.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I mean, why would one WORK for something when one can be handed things? Hot women have natural commodities that are highly prized and so men jump through hoops. A hot girl running the risk in pursuing a guy rather than vice versa seems like frivolous effort.
    Hate to tell you, but some women like the 'thrill of the chase'. It's not just men who enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    You may have witnessed some occurrences, but it is NOT the norm.

Some shy guys are very attractive (I'm not talking only about looks).
    Some attractive girls like shy guys.
    Being shy is not the only reason for which a guy might not make the first move.
    It is the norm, except perhaps in the backwoods of the country or other rural areas but as I live in a metro area, I observe modern humans, not those trapped in the 50s. I can't really speak for that crowd so perhaps what you say applies to them.

Shy guys are almost invariably ugly: When a guy knows he's attractive he becomes a pompous dimwit.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast