+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What was on his mind with this question?

What was on his mind with this question?

Okay, bit of an awkward situation but I really want advice so I guess I'm asking.

part of a conversation between me and a guy I know:

Him: idk, because relationships can ruin friendships, hookups have no commitment and your still friends the next day

Me: Not if guys get weird about it. They say girls get weird about it, but guys tend to be weird after hookups. hahaha. They always seem to think a girl wants more when it might not be true.

what do you mean
    dont girls get weird with that, i dont get weird

(me telling examples of friends I know, where the guy would get weird with the girl)

I mean that can happen, thats usually why when im talking to a girl, I tell them what im looking for, and rule number one is to never talk about your ex, or future girls, to me it doesnt make it weird because we both would want the same thing and I never kiss and tell, lol (is he hinting at something?)

and omitted stuff again as it's irrelevant

he responds to what I've omitted

I omitted my response.

(and here comes the big question) question, would you ever do anything with me?

I guess. Depends on what you're proposing, I suppose. (I guess you could say I am interested, not looking for a relationship, but this works fine, and I know he wont be weird about it)

idk biking
    I dont know anyone down here really that bikes
    (Biking?!!?! That's what he asked? Whether I'd hang with him? Why did he ask? He asked me the other week to hang with him, I said sure and we hung. I said I had fun. Also on Sunday we're going paintball with friends and he asked earlier in this very conversation what I'd like to do after, what I usually do with my guy friends... Why does he have to ask me if I'd hang with him if I made it pretty clear?)

Haha, sure! I like biking! (I feel really awkward at this point. Did he really wanna just hang with me and the timing was so odd or did he feel weird that he asked that, assuming I misunderstood his question and then suggested biking to not make it awkward for me. Or did he ask cause he wanted to know what I'd say but then turn the question round so it doesn't come off that way?)
    Why did you ask that anw? When you asked me before to hang, I said yes, so I thought it was pretty obvious I would hang with you hah (now I feel weird for posting this too, cause it might make me sound too eager to hang or something, like 'WAS IT NOT OBVIOUS I LIKE TO HANG WITH YOU?' I don't want him to think that. But also now he might think I asked on purpose because I realized what he really meant with his question)

He's offline now, and good cause I feel so awkward. Ahh!

He wants to have fun with you, but bailed on the question at the last second. So he is looking for a FWB, and interested in you being that person. If you're also interested, just ask him if he is interested in trying it out. Based on what you didn't omit, he will say yes.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

But how do I go about it now? I'm not sure what to say to him, cause he changed the question. Do you think he changed it cause he felt I'd be awkward about it or he changed it cause he just wanted my response but didn't want to say anything more about it. I'm mostly positive he was not asking to hang, it was definitely him wanting more.

Goog gawd, why not ask HIM WTF he means? That is one convaluted piece of double talk that should have been clarified. Ask questions. If you don't get a clear answer to a precise question then get rid of him.

That conversation is a good example of why people in FB situations find themselves hurt and confused.

Hahaha. Yeah, it was weird, but I'd feel weird asking in case I got the wrong idea. Also, we're classmates, in the same degree, and get along pretty well, we have classes together, 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, and talk after that and hang sometimes. So I don't want to make it potentially weird as he is the only normal guy at my uni, (90% of my uni is guys, so when they see a girl, it's like bees at a beehive), he talks to me normally except this convo, hasn't hit on me not once... etc... I really like that for now.

You just have to ask for clarification. Doing that is completeldy neutral and unawkward making. It does NOT have to be weird. It's actually more weird with leaving it so ambiguous because now the two of you are wondering WTF just went down.

True. To be honest, the more I think about it, the more it makes me realize, not my fault he asked it at that time. Secondly, as uncomfortable as it makes me feel, because I feel weird admitting to him that I'd sleep with him, I think I'm just gonna be like 'oh sorry, I misunderstood your question then, my bad' and let him know what I thought. I might add something like 'it was a weird question as earlier when we were out at McDonalds, you asked if I knew of any bike trails around and that we should go sometimes, so asking me again like that, did seem a bit odd. and I thought maybe you changed your mind about the question. (I did just remember that he asked me earlier about biking, so his question was waaaayyy weird)

Like, OMG, Like why not just let it go u know? Start from fresh like you know, the conversation never took place and just go with like the flow the next time you're together like and in the future you ask for like clarification when you're confused. Like yaknowwhatI'msayin?

*grinze* Sorry broken-hearted, but you sound like a 13 year old valley girl.

Hahaha, sorry. I just don't want it to be weird. and I'm 23. :/

then.stop.making.weird.up.

Haha. He said he was confused, and I said: Never mind, I misunderstood your question, my bad, but now I know what you meant haha. Just it was a bit confusing that you asked if I'd hang with you and I thought it was clear from our interactions that I would. So I wanted to make that clear haha.

He said ok. and that was that. I guess that ends this discussion. And I guess he never meant anything by it, since he didn't ask why I was confused or anything.

*sighs* I'm confused.

He was confused by what I said last, so I told him to ignore that, and that I just misunderstood his question (from wanting something [fwb], to wanting something completely else [hanging]) and that the reason I was confused, cause I thought he knew I was up for hanging, so why was he asking?
    That's all. Hopefully less confusing now.

its so retarded to put conversation like a chat instead of just tell what happen,no time for ths stupidity