+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is confidence REALLY that "sexy"...

The thing is, I don't really want to befriend dudes: I'd be OK with just a girlfriend I'd see very regularly. That would be all I need to do all the things I want to but am too depressed to.

I didn't know it was possible to be co-dependent before acquiring a partner...

LOL. Well, I suppose it is..

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    The thing is, I don't really want to befriend dudes: I'd be OK with just a girlfriend I'd see very regularly. That would be all I need to do all the things I want to but am too depressed to.
    Have you sought professional help for your depression? That may be your primary problem.

Yeah, but meds didn't help: An awesome loving relationship is what I really need.

Well if you weren't so depressed you might actually attract somebody. I suggest you try some different meds. Sometimes it takes a few trials to get it right. There is probably some kind of clinic on your campus.

I think that will be worth doing.

Although, I think I am depressed because I don't think I can attract a girl. I think I'll try stopping with the self-pity but even I recognize the root of my depression. I'm just stating it as a fact. And it's quite the paradox.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 09-12-12 at 06:16 AM.

Lol, nah dawg...unless I'm nearing 30 and nothing pans out. Then, OK.

30 is too long, give it until 25, and if you havnt had a ride by then, head for the bridge.

Eh, I've already accepted that I'll never have sex. But I don't want to live without any (non-sexual) fulfillment.

It's over-rated to be honest bro. You're only obsessed because you've never done it. After like a 1000 times, it's boring as a mother****er.

Yeah, that's why sex isn't my priority in life.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatMyExWife View Post
    It's over-rated to be honest bro. You're only obsessed because you've never done it. After like a 1000 times, it's boring as a mother****er.
    I still like it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LOL. It's easy for those who've had it to talk about it being overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I think that will be worth doing.

Although, I think I am depressed because I don't think I can attract a girl. I think I'll try stopping with the self-pity but even I recognize the root of my depression. I'm just stating it as a fact. And it's quite the paradox.
    It's never a good idea to base your happiness on only one thing. Cuz when that one thing is gone or in decline, everything else goes south as well. If you have multiple sources of happiness, the others can hold you up when one hits the skids. You sound like you have the "white whale" syndrome. You have one goal that is way out of proportion to everything else.

I heard that Celexa is very effective, and a side effect is weight gain. Don't worry, you can attract a girl. Look at some of the douchebags on here who claim to have done it. If they can, you certainly can. You just need to get over your depression and fear. Good luck to you.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast