+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is confidence REALLY that "sexy"...

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yea, but will you do it?
    I'll look into it. The last few times I tried organizing things, nobody showed up. I wanted to have a cool party for my 19th, sent out invitations to all my friends: Only 3 friends showed up, none of whom were the guys I regularly hung out with.

Hardly, you're just more likely to be self-deprecating which is NOT a good trait.
    But it's better that than pompous, amirite?

Nothing negative is any better than something else just as negative. Surely after people telling you how negative your are you can now understand that nothing you think is better is actually better as you think.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I'll look into it. The last few times I tried organizing things, nobody showed up. I wanted to have a cool party for my 19th, sent out invitations to all my friends: Only 3 friends showed up, none of whom were the guys I regularly hung out with.
    Planning a party requires some knowledge about how to do it. Turn-outs to birthday parties in your age group is often quite low. Next time, ask someone older (who knows how to entertain) for some help.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

There won't be a next time. Looking back at the few bday parties I ever wanted to have, my dad had more friends at my own "parties" than I did (in fact, I don't think I ever HAD any friends over for those parties)..

That was so cool, funny and relevant! Bruce Campbell wasn't looking so good in that commercial, though. The hell happened to him?
    He got old. After he did Bubba Ho-Tep he had a role in a spiderman movie, I think Sam Rami felt bad for him. He has done some voices for animated movies and video games, a TV show I think, but his acting career is all but done.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Would you be attracted to someone like yourself?
    Yes. Yes, I would. A person like me just needs a good relationship as a buoy to rise up and start really living. It's all I really need.

I don't think you would be attracted in the slightest to a female equivalent version of you. LOL.

Yes. Yes, I would. A person like me just needs a good relationship as a buoy to rise up and start really living. It's all I really need.
    Two things immediately came to mind:

1. You have to love yourself before a woman will be able to love you.
    2. You need to be happy in your own skin and stop thinking that someone else will make you happy. If you pin all your expectations of happiness on someone else, then you'll be fkd royally and for a much longer period of time if the relationship tanks and they should leave you.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I don't think you would be attracted in the slightest to a female equivalent version of you. LOL.
    Lol,no, I really think I would be...it'd be awkward, sure.

Two things immediately came to mind:

1. You have to love yourself before a woman will be able to love you.
    2. You need to be happy in your own skin and stop thinking that someone else will make you happy. If you pin all your expectations of happiness on someone else, then you'll be fkd royally and for a much longer period of time if the relationship tanks and they should leave you.
    That will be hard to do (not saying IMPOSSIBLE): with a girl or at least a date, it'd be way easier.

As for the second; I'd just be happy I had a good relationship for once. As long as I wasn't cheated on, I'd be content without another relationship/

That will be hard to do (not saying IMPOSSIBLE): with a girl or at least a date, it'd be way easier.
    You're very ignorant when it comes to human nature. We've been trying to educate you but you don't listen very well. The fact that you don't listen very well, could very well be another reason why women don't tend to stick around you for long. I'll try once again: "In order for someone to like you (changed from 'love') you have to first like yourself. You don't like you much and it shows through with the brightness of a beam-me-up-scottie transporter beam.

As for the second; I'd just be happy I had a good relationship for once. As long as I wasn't cheated on, I'd be content without another relationship/
    As usual, you didn't listen. I'll try once again: "you cannot say you would be happy with having a good relationship for once and you'd be content without another one because you have not experienced having one and then being without one ever again (yet) so you have no substance to base your findings on."

You're very ignorant when it comes to human nature. We've been trying to educate you but you don't listen very well. The fact that you don't listen very well, could very well be another reason why women don't tend to stick around you for long. I'll try once again: "In order for someone to like you (changed from 'love') you have to first like yourself. You don't like you much and it shows through with the brightness of a beam-me-up-scottie transporter beam.

As usual, you didn't listen. I'll try once again: "you cannot say you would be happy with having a good relationship for once and you'd be content without another one because you have not experienced having one and then being without one ever again (yet) so you have no substance to base your findings on."
    Yes, I am sorry: I can see that I am quite abrasive and obstinate. Sorry. In real life, it probably doesn't show: I pass off as just a regular guy, with no deep thoughts or concerns.

The second statement is debatable: It's like a numbers game. 1 is a horrible number. If I went the rest of my life just having had that one relationship, which wasn't great, so many questions will be left unanswered and I just hate that number. If I had one other relationship, but a really good one, I'd be happy to have a real relationship experience and be able to contrast it with the first.

I'm not going to argue with someone who has no experience in what they are talking about. If you had had one good relationship and came in here and said I had one good relationship and we broke up so I don't want another, then fine. You can, with having had experience be believable. Right now, you have no credibility in what you say on that particular subject.

I'll end with I agree to disagree.

Well, I didn't say I wouldn't want another but if I didn't end up finding another relationship, I wouldn't complain..

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast