+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Is confidence REALLY that "sexy"...

Yeah sure, in real life you pass off as just a regular guy, that's why you don't have friends or a girlfriend...

You should re-read Wakeup's post:
    1. You have to love yourself before anyone else will be able to love you.
    2. You need to be happy in your own skin and stop thinking that someone else will make you happy. If you pin all your expectations of happiness on someone else, then you'll be fkd royally and for a much longer period of time if the relationship tanks and they should leave you.
    Get it? You need to stop expecting things/people other than YOURSELF to make yourself happy. Make your own happiness.

Girls love regular guys: You ever see a real original guy with a girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Girls love regular guys: You ever see a real original guy with a girlfriend?
    You said yourself that in real life you pass off as a regular guy:

In real life, it probably doesn't show: I pass off as just a regular guy
    So according to you, you should have a girlfriend. My point is and was, that you do NOT pass off as a "regular guy". Your arrogance, insecurity, snobbishness, inexperience, etc, emanates from you, and it's a major turn-off.

As I said, re-read Wakeup's post over and over until you get it.
    Last edited by searock; 11-12-12 at 02:58 AM.

Good catch, Inspector Searock. *claps*

Well, I didn't say I wouldn't want another but if I didn't end up finding another relationship, I wouldn't complain..
    You not complain? Again your credibility sucks big huge baws, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You not complain? Again your credibility sucks big huge baws, bro.
    I really, really wouldn't: In fact, I'd almost be too overwhelmed to start over.

Now that I believe simply because you expect another to make you happy so when they ended the relationship you'd lose all sense of being happy ever again. Sad that.

Eh, that's not how I imagine I'd feel (but like you pointed out, there's no real way to find out except getting into that ideal relationship which is as likely as winning the lottery, getting struck by lightning and attacked by a shark at once): I picture myself being too overwhelmed to start over again if I tried to after something so great. Nothing would match that. But that's in the event I got all self-pitying and whatnot: I still think just one good relationship and I wouldn't really care after that.

I still think just one good relationship and I wouldn't really care after that.
    You can surely think so, alright. But you cannot possibly know that's how you would react.

Did you get the point about your happiness not having to depend on anyone else but yourself? You need to make yourself happy first of all. If you can't be happy by yourself, you aren't ready for a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    You can surely think so, alright. But you cannot possibly know that's how you would react.

Did you get the point about your happiness not having to depend on anyone else but yourself? You need to make yourself happy first of all. If you can't be happy by yourself, you aren't ready for a relationship.
    Yes, I get that quote. It's usually easier to follow for those who have good, reliable friends.

You can't have good, reliable friends if you're terrible to be around. Nobody wants to hang out with a sad, bitter slob that keeps finding excuses for everything (yes: it shows in real life as well as here). You don't need anyone else (friends or girlfriends) in order to be happy: you are all you need. The rest will follow.

I'm actually pretty good when hanging out: quite entertaining and not selfish. I just don't smoke pot, play nerdy PC games online or like to act all fruity and shit.

Yeah, you're just a regular guy right... (see post #93) facts speak for themselves.

You need to learn how to be happy by yourself. This is really all there is.

Maybe I lack testosterone? Too much estrogen?

Maybe trial and error doesn't exist in your life? You never try things, you immediately turn every single idea thrown at you down. Start with improving that, and then come back. Don't be afraid to try things.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast