+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Is confidence REALLY that "sexy"...

Well, since the participants in this thread have been girls, they can't really relate to the male feeling of inadequacy: they can't relate to going years without a date and the sense of being unwanted in a span of years. I was once had "it", very briefly and then something happened years ago and I haven't even been close to having "it" whatever it was again.

I've actually decided to take some of the advice given: I hate to be right, but I think even in spite of that, I'll still fail when I start applying those things next semester.

What a waste.

What's that "waste" you're alluding to?

You, my time, the good advice on this thread...

Well, I'm not a waste; I'm a guy who'd be damned good if a girl gave him a chance. I'm planning on taking that advice but when it doesn't pan out, then I'll be able to say I was right. So...win-win, really.

Again: stop thinking/expecting that your happiness can come from without. Make yourself happy.

I'll do what I can. Really, I mean that.

OP, I can get where you are coming from. I don't think a lot of people in this thread do. There are a good number of people out there who get glossed over by the opposite sex for a long time - sometimes for good reasons, yes, but sometimes simply because they aren't as aggressive, good-looking, or otherwise "noticeable."

You should take an honest look at yourself, and if there are places you believe you can improve, then you should do that.

But you want the secret to picking up chicks? Here you go: Repetition.

That's it. You must make a habit out of approaching women. Ignore women's advice about what they want. They rarely know what they want. And ignore the PUA nonsense.

Improve what you can improve in your life. And then go talk to lots of chicks. That's it. Anyone who tells you there are other "secrets" is lying to you or trying to sell you something. And don't put much stock in all the "confidence" talk. It's vague, and not particularly helpful. You don't need to be confident. You just need to be a decent guy, and you need to talk to a LOT of women.

The guys who succeed with women approach more women. It's a numbers game. Bottom line.

That's a good take on it. And thanks for the empathy, bro: I've been derided like no other on this forum.

Ignore women's advice about what they want. They rarely know what they want. And ignore the PUA nonsense.
    This was pure win; I'll take it to heart.

You just need to be a decent guy, and you need to talk to a LOT of women.
    Takes confidence in one's self to be able to overide the angst and expectations of a negative outcome to be able to getterdone.

As for: "Ignore woment's advice about what they want." Fine, those lists change daily anyway.. as long as you don't ignore advice given about getting out there and mingle, as badger said (as well as several of us have) it takes action (talking to women) that's like mingling, right?

No one here thinks PUA mentality is anything other than nonsense but if you talk to lots of women, afterall its a numbers game, then you'll likely become more confident as you get those numbers gradually under your belt.

Ummmm it takes "confidence" to "approach" more women......duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Takes confidence in one's self to be able to override the angst and expectations of a negative outcome to be able to getter done.

This.......

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ummmm it takes "confidence" to "approach" more women......duh.
    Well, if interactions randomly occur, I can take it from there..

Why don't you take an assertive training course?

Didn't even know that existed.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast