+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I break contact for Ex birthday

Should I break contact for Ex birthday

We've been in a loving relationship together, celebrating birthdays and anniversary. Now the relationship is over, the memory off course still there and Im wondering if I should send birthday greeting just to be friendly and show that I care. its hurt that he dumped me, and I do want him back. My begging and pleading pushed him away and Im doing NC now, and ops his birthday is here. Advice please..

one word: NO

Your motives are purely selfish. The relationship is over. You are not one another's business any longer his birthday is not your business now. Don't open old wounds for yourself or him by doing that.

Not even short messages on fb? I saw his ex wrote on his wall for his b'day when we were together, and he do the same. Now Im the ex- its sad aye

No... why be a sheep and look pathetic like she did. I'm sure you thought "how lame" when you read it and if you didn't, you should have.

You'll get over him much quicker,Axis if you stop looking at his facebook page and keep up your no contact. Change the subject of him and everything to do with him when he pops into your head. Consciously make that effort and soon enough you'll be through with the pain.

You'll be fine, keep busy and call a good girlfriend and do something cool that will get you through the day without contacting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    No... why be a sheep and look pathetic like she did. I'm sure you thought "how lame" when you read it and if you didn't, you should have.

You'll get over him much quicker,Axis if you stop looking at his facebook page and keep up your no contact. Change the subject of him and everything to do with him when he pops into your head. Consciously make that effort and soon enough you'll be through with the pain.

You'll be fine, keep busy and call a good girlfriend and do something cool that will get you through the day without contacting him.
    Thank you for the advice, yeah I know I look like a moron now. All my friends are busy with their married and happily attached life. I left alone with this heart broken he caused me. damn how I wish to get out of this. Im still miserable for 3 months now!

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    Thank you for the advice, yeah I know I look like a moron now. All my friends are busy with their married and happily attached life. I left alone with this heart broken he caused me. damn how I wish to get out of this. Im still miserable for 3 months now!
    Time to get up and out and start doing things other than think about him and what was and what could have been.

Yes, it sucks but if you take up a hobby, a class, join the gym, go to places where you'll meet men who are into your hobby for instance (not bars ugh) you'll soon get over this.

Maybe take a girlfriend along to something like this: Meetmarketadventures.com and have fun, fun, fun once you're resigned to the fact that moping around for someone gone by is just wasting your good dating time. Meet like minded singles of BOTH sexes and mingle. Time to be happy again, Axis.

I live in a country side, not many people available.. I mean single. I dont want to hang out with married guy lol or in a relationship. Girlfriends busy raising their kids/ spend time with lovers. Im kinda stuck here really. Planning to move in a couple of months though! right now my financial situation is really tight. The only place I can vent is here on the internet, searching for advice from kind hearted strangers. But Im happy at least Im not alone.. eventhough sometimes I feel sad because I want friend in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    I live in a country side, not many people available..
    Stop being so pathetic. I was dumped by my ex in March this year. I'm 48 years old and live in a place with 15 houses miles from anywhere. I got on the internet and now I have a lovely girlfriend.

nooooooooooo u r so annoying. u will only do that to get some attention. its over he dont like u so move on.
    its not your problem that its his birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Katherin View Post
    I think you need not to do so because your behavior can hurt others .I think you should avoid it .
    What do you mean by my behaviour can hurt others?