+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is he thinking?

What is he thinking?

Hello, me and my ex-boyfriend were in a long distance relationship and he broke up with me a week before I was due to be back home. I actually took the break up really well at first and told myself that I shouldn't be a clingy, needy person. He then had a "heart-to-heart-talk"'with me saying he sincerely did not want a break up but situations led him to a decision that we were better off as friends. (Again, he broke up with me a week before I came home) He was very reluctant of the idea of waiting a week for me to get back in order to reconcile properly and at the same time, he was regretful that he had to leave me. That talk had led me to asking him a week later if he had completely given up on us, and he said no. So I brought up the idea of patching things between us when I get back and he agreed to it but wanted to take things slow (we sorta rushed into the relationship).. So, when I got back, he contacted my family to ask which airline I took so he could be at the airport to pick me up (he had never done smthg like this before so it came to be quite a big surprise).. My family had informed him not to pick me up as they wanted to have some family time that night, and he respected that and told me that he would see me soon.

Now, the problem I'm having is - for a few days now I've been really eager to see him and he asks me regarding my plans for the day and if I'm free to meet up. And when I respond to his question saying I'm free, etc etc, he then doesn't give a proper response to plan the meet. It's like he's leaving it hanging and he does it a lot. I kept asking if I get to see him for three days (not in a bugging way) and there was one time that I thought we were gonna meet and I was already waiting for him and he just sends a text to me saying he needs to take a rain check cause he's tired. I got really disappointed and annoyed with him and the next day he asks if I'm free again and when I said I am, he then never got back to me at all. He didn't even answer my calls... I got really upset and sent him a long msg, pouring all my thoughts to him and how I felt I was misled and confused by his actions and if I should wait, etc. He never replied. The next day, I had enough of it, I called him with a different number and he answered almost instantly.. He heard my voice and hanged up me.

I gave up trying to contact him cause I find it a little irresponsible of him to act this way. But I could be wrong, I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's just afraid to meet me or to face the problem and that avoiding is the easiest way to get away with it all. Im still slightly upset but he hanging up on me gave me a nudge to just give up and carry on with life. But I'm a little curious at the moment cause idk what's going on in his mind and I just need some answers to why he acted this way.. Was he just playing me out? Did he really wanted to work things out? Will he come back?

Thank you in advance..

My ex boyfriend is kind of the same way. My ex loves me still, but he refuses to talk to me for reasons I don't even know. My situation is a little different than yours, though. It's a little confusing that he would be willing to see you and talk to you about everything, and then go back on his word. Perhaps he has changed his mind for the moment?

Maybe you just need to give him some more time to sort out his thoughts. Sending him texts about how you feel will not work (trust me, I have tried that). Only time will tell in this situations and I know how much it hurts and how impatient you can be. Boys don't seem to understand that communication is key in situations like these.

With me ex, what I did was let him know that I still love him and I know we can work everything out. I told him that if he doesn't respond to me before the New Year, then I will contact him a little after then to see what his thoughts are on everything. I didn't get a response, but I didn't really expect one. I'm guessing your ex doesn't really know what to say to you. So maybe do something like that and just leave him be for a little while.
    Last edited by imadesklamp; 08-12-12 at 10:25 PM.