+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Almost three years with a broken heart...will it ever heal!?

Almost three years with a broken heart...will it ever heal!?

You squirrel me up…

When I first met you, in the late nineties, I felt deep within my heart that you were the one for me; everything about you made perfect sense! Even though you weren’t the most physically attractive person I’d ever met, that didn’t matter; the light within you just made everything shine…
    It didn’t take long before you crept into my heart; every time I saw you at a distance I could feel the fluttering of your wings within my chest…how marvellous it all was!
    We became friends, but I was madly in love with you, and you knew it…as time went by (several years actually) and after all of the signals that I sent in your direction you finally let out the sacred words that I was craving…we were finally priest and nun!
    You maintained our union secretive, but every moment that I spent with you was a treasure for me…years passed by and all I received was your physical love…
    Torn between the love I felt for you and your lack of dedication, the occasional whining started…you didn’t like it!
    Too many friends of the opposite sex in this film of ours…you have a social status frenzy…no time for a real person!
    For years I felt the loneliness of being alone, but the moments we spent together were so fulfilling that I didn’t want to let go…until that day when I had to send you away…you were eager to stray…I had perforated your wooden plank just as you had made my canvas of blue go blank!
    After listening to someone else’s remarks I became bitter and nasty…have committed some childish pranks, but you remain in my soul, so deeply embedded that just writing about our story leaves me totally shredded.
    Eighteen months have passed; not a day goes by that you’re not present in my mind and essence…how I miss your “little” presence! Thinking about you brings me tears of sadness, for the love that I lost…that I never had…you were simply letters on my notepad! You are my guru, my muse…without you; I’m an oven without a fuse!
    It seems that I should have learned something from our story… I have a learning disability though, for I would take you back anytime! Call me slow or whatever you like…without you I’m simply a wheel without a bike!
    The most hurtful part of all this is that I thought we were friends!

uhmm what about allow yourself to let go and move on instead of keep holding on old hurt

Wow that's deep. Hope you feel better