+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Newly Broken Up

Newly Broken Up

Hi,

I'm new to this forum... I live in a foreign country, in a small town where its really hard to meet new people - everyone knows everyone!

Back in April my boyfriend had gone away for work for 2 weeks - he got drunk and kissed another girl - apparently that was all that happened although that's not what the rumours said.
    He told me after a good friend of mine found out - he looked me in the eyes and said he made a mistake it was just a kiss. - i was very hurt but i forgave him.

We had booked a trip to go back home to meet my family in June - we had finished up at work for our holidays - and a few people were leaving so we had a party etc.. he had been acting a bit odd - I looked at his phone and found facebook messages to girls from back where he lives - the messages went back to december - they said i meant nothing to him - and that he was going to go home for a week and **** the brains out of one of these girls - that message was sent 3 days before we were going to visit my family. - I was so hurt and I confronted him - i was embarrassed, humiliated, devastated... - i couldn't face going home alone and having to explain to all my friends and family what happened - let alone the 24 hr flight feeling rubbish - so he came with me and we decided to try and sort it out.

Things were never the same. We regularly argued, I became very insecure - we had a huge row about 3 weeks ago because I found out he went to a party and got drunk and high - and there were photos of him with girls all over facebook - he had said he was going to come home to mine after the party (he said he wasn't staying very long) - but he didn't come home. he apparently fell asleep and then drove back to his.

I went to his and we talked and decided to end it - he then came round to mine the next day and said he didn't want it to be over but we needed to take a few days out to sort out our heads and what direction we were going to go in.. we had arranged to meet on the saturday to talk - and i got a txt saying it was over - I was heartbroken that he could be so cruel to do it in a text - but the outcome was kinda where we were headed.
    I have never felt so hurt and used in all my life. The pain and heartache has been unbearable. I have anxiety attacks, I can't eat, I just want to know what I did that made him txt other girls and be such a coward that he couldn't be a man and come and talk to me about his feelings rather than sending me a hurtful heartless txt.

Iam so sorry that your relationship had to end like this.
    He was a jerk from the start and he doesn't deserve you.
    He used you and wasted your time. I hope he won't come back into your life again. If he did, make sure you won't forgive him or give the relationship another go.

It was nothing you did (or failed to do). He's a player and utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    It was nothing you did (or failed to do). He's a player and utter garbage.
    ^

This. You didn't do anything to make him a coward, that comes naturally to wimps.

Dump him, take some time to yourself, focus on improving your own life. This loser won't bring you anything but pain, trust me. Even if he promises not to do it again, don't fall for it. He blatantly told these sluts you don't matter; they deserve each other. I'm sure he'll get himself into some kind of trouble sooner or later and then you can laugh and be thankful it wasn't you.

It is so hard... I am devastated to lose him... I miss him so much! And i feel so pathetic to feel this way - absolutely distraught to have lost him.