+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is she acting so weird?

Why is she acting so weird?

This girl is someone from my class which I now know for 2 months(I am 20 and she is 18 btw). In the beginning there wasn't much going on, but when we met each other we had some nice conversations and she even was a bit more okay around me. Then we haven't seen each other for like 3 weeks, after this I asked her once to have a drink with me. She said she couldn't because she had to work (she did look at the clock though and it seemed she really had to go), the day after I asked again but this time she had to go somewhere else. This is where I thought she wasn't interested in me but I'll get into that later. After that I didn't approach her that often anymore because I thought she'd loose interest. After a while we grew a bit apart from each other. It felt like the process of knowing each other had to start over again. I do know that she's a shy girl. Whenever I ask her something she doesn't really prolong the conversation. We sometimes do have eye contact for a serious moment, but either I or she then looks away. Sometimes I do see her looking at me, but I don't really pay attention to that.

Whenever she talks with others she seems relaxed, but whenever she is with me it's awkward. So I decided not to give her any attention anymore since I couldn't handle the situation. 1-2 weeks afterwards she sended me a friend request on Facebook (I know it may not mean anything but we had all of this weird stuff happening and she clearly knew this too). So I accepted the request, I texted her and she replied. But on my last question I didn't get any respond (weird huh). I didn't seek much behind it. We had another weird week. So I messaged her again, then she replied 2-3 times. On my very last message, she didn't reply either. So now I am like, wth what does she want. And sometimes in reallife, she just replies with yes and no or just keeps the conversation short.

She doesn't know how to behave when she is around me, she reacts nervous and is a bit weird when this happens. My friend told me the moment I walk by, she was acting a bit weird swaying with her head in class on 1 moment. We now even have days were we act like we don't really notice each other, while I do like her but I don't want to burn my butt.

BTW I also never had a girlfriend before, one of the reasons was because I didn't feel I was competent enough for someone. I am not unsure about my looks, while a lot of people did say (directly or by someone else) that I am an attractive guy. So the problem is basically that I dont know how to approuch the situation, I just want to be a gentleman and dont want to make her feel uncomfortable in a negative way.

Another thing I find weird is that she is acting weird and so nervous around me while she can have a normal conversation with other people without being nervous etc.
    Last edited by Insomnia810; 09-12-12 at 10:04 PM.

Anyone who can help me out plx? I really don't know how to handle the situation.

The same thing happens to me with this girl I met a couple months ago. She's very comfortable around others but when it comes to me and her she's shy and very nervous around me. From the beginning I told her to losen up a little bit and then
    She has a bit. You just have to make her feel comfortable around you.