+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Called at 5 am on saturday by a girl

Called at 5 am on saturday by a girl

So there's this girl I've been hanging out with, I've known her for three years but only started hanging out about 4 months ago. I introduced her to one of my two best friends (they are brothers) and she ended up having sex with him while I fancied her. I'm not sure wether she was aware or not that I had some interest in her. After the two having sex they never spoke each other again, you know the story. So now I apparently said something weird to her on whatsapp, seems like she was offended by it (I didn't meant it that way and I told her).

Now a week later she calls me at 5 am, the conversation was something like this:
    I'll call her "L" and myself "M".

Me: 'Hey L! How are you doing?'
    She: 'Hey M, what are you still doing up? *giggles a bit*'
    Me: 'What are you calling me for 5 in morning?'
    She: 'Just calling I'm bored.'
    Me: 'Haha my friends just went home, we drank a bit. Do you want to do something or what?'
    She: 'No, I'm just calling you.'
    Me: 'What are you doing then?'
    She: 'Just listening to some music on the couch...'
    Me: 'Sounds nice, are you alone?'
    She: 'No.

**Bit of useless conversation here**

She: 'What are you doing tomorrow?'
    Male voice in between: 'Chilling with you tomorrow.'
    Me: '... Nothing, and you?'
    She: 'Nothing. Well, see you...!'
    Me: 'See you.'

I'm confused. Is she giving a sign, is she ****ing with me? I honestly don't know. Please help me make something out of this.

EDIT: She told me before she was only interested in me as a friend back then.
    Last edited by Alphyn; 09-12-12 at 11:54 AM.

Perhaps I'm just old - but to me, calling someone at 5am is the height of rudeness. How self indulgent to think that someone would want to talk at that hour

I wasn't exactly in the best mood, drank a bit and now I'm incredibly tired waiting for replies. I'm thinking of texting her tomorrow to come over and ask her what she wants or wether she was messing with me, I'll mention the guy's voice. (Yes, I'm actually that bold...)

Does this sound like a good idea? Also going to confront her why she's lying to me about being alone.

Don't waste your time. You'd just be buying into her attention seeking antics

I already did, but thanks. I'll leave it online.

I confronted her earlier and she kept on denying even though I kept pushing a bit. Annoying.
    I asked her why she was lying about that guy, and she kept denying it. So I stopped talking after a while. Not going to anymore either.
    Last edited by Alphyn; 10-12-12 at 07:29 AM.

Just a weird call at 5 am - dont bother.

Thanks. (:

She likes you he he

... Seriously, Marlee? What makes you think so?

I talked to her again and told her sorry for getting mad, since she explained she was drunk and can't remember well. I told her I'll have a word with that guy for being an idiot, and she laughed it off and encouraged me too, weird. Now I'm practically just improving my flirting skills on this girl, as I'm bad with that.

Anyhow, I told her we should meet up so I can make up for getting mad. No idea on what to do yet whatsoever though.

Edit: Note that I'm extremely terrible when it comes to girls.
    Last edited by Alphyn; 13-12-12 at 11:55 PM.

I think she thinks you a good friend and nothing more than that because people will call you that time only if they feel nothing about you and with that conversation that she was just bored it seems like she is just messing around you! Dont reply to her anymore let her come to you just let her feel that you feel nothing about her anymore.
    We do not choose our destiny, it chooses us!

That's true, but maybe I can try to play some games on her since she's trying to do the same thing to me. Note she can be an arrogant bitch, never been through anything.

Sounds like someone wanted attention. The only reasons I would text or call someone so late at night (or early in the morning, however you prefer) would be for an emergency, a booty call, to tell someone drunkenly that I love them (friend or otherwise) or drunken attention-seeking.

If she were trying to make future plans with you, or call you at a normal hour afterwards, that would be a different story. Sounds like she's put you on the "just friends" backburner, where she comes to you and talks to you when she needs a bit of a boost, but then sticks you back on the burner.

Thanks l&o, it was just attention seeking. I'll keep contact though so I can practise my flirting skills a bit.