+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too big of an age gap?

What keeps a man around is a woman that can cook and give good bjs. The stomach and penis...men are so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    What keeps a man around is a woman that can cook and give good bjs. The stomach and penis...men are so simple.
    Lol, I'll say that's a good generalization. Depends on the guy (not going to outright reject your hypothesis like most forumites do with generalizations). I'd add: mental stability. Granted, chicks are nutso innately. But a gal that can control it, gives good head AND can cook? The guy would be stupid to drop her.

I dated a guy 2 and half years younger... surprised it lasted as long as it did. He needed to do a lot of growing up. Fairly recently I had a guy 5 years younger make a pass at me... and he didn't understand why I 1 of the reasons I wouldn't let anything happen was because of the age. Maybe it's just because I'd a dodgy experience before. Even with my ex I had more of an issue with it than he did. I look a fair bit younger than I am, so I'm well used to younger guys being interested... been there, done that... don't fancy it again.

Having said that... the best judge of your situation is yourself. Go with your gut instinct. With my ex my guy instinct was he's too immature - it turned out to be right.

I think priorities change with age. Both of you may have different priorities at different points in your lives. As the older one, you may want to get married earlier than he does and he may feel you are rushing him. Same with having kids. You may feel your clock ticking and rush him but all he feels is you are forcing him to do something he is not ready. He may have ambitions to pursue an advanced degree or move up the career ladder but are ready to start a family so this makes you feel that he loves his ambitions more than he loves you. You need to test the relationship for a few years to see there is any mismatch. If he sacrifices his ambition to be with you, he may be bitter and resent it. Likewise, if you continue to be with him without him marrying you while he gets to do what he wants (like climbing up the career ladder, traveling, studying etc), you may resent him too.

Why wait 2 years? It's best to lay out your expectations at the beginning of the relationship. I did that with my guy. I made it very clear, no kids, and no marriage. I gave him the choice to end the relationship if it wasn't for him. This wait and see is a waste of time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123