+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I love you. How can I tell her that?

I love you. How can I tell her that?

Good day posters, need advice.

I want to tell the woman I love that she means the world to me! We are not in a romantic relationship but this woman needs to know how I feel about her. I am not a doomsday believer but I want to tell her that I love her the day before it is predicted to occur! Excellent or bad idea?

Excellent .

retarddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

For God's sake, don't say the L-word.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    For God's sake, don't say the L-word.
    What would you say in my position? I don't plan on lying to her....

Why do you think you are in love with her? It could be infatuation or lust instead. Women are pretty smart about subtle emotional nuances like that. They think it takes time for love to develop. I would pursue the physical romantic side first. Even if you just hug, hold hands or kiss her for the first time. That will show you are interested without scaring her away.

Tell her you love her and keep telling her if she looks jittery and frightened. Then come back here and tell us what happened. I love a good laugh. Only kiddin. No dont do it. To early and its unbelievable and makes u look silly/weak/scary. Too late and ur an insensitive uncaring brute. Im not saying i got it right myself but never ever did i say it to someone i never dated....

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its generally a bad idea to confess strong feelings like love unless you are reasonable sure she holds you in the same regard. Are you?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Sweet, that sounds so romantic. But (as bobby5 said), do not say the "I love you" part unless the two of you have a history or a deep bond. If you do, you should tell her! Good luck.
    Last edited by Marlee; 10-12-12 at 01:32 AM.

I'd wait until December 22nd before making any decisions.
    I'm not sure the world will end on Dec 21st but not buying Xmas presents just in case - why waste all that money?

Perhaps waiting until it you feel almost as if you both know you love each other, the only thing left is to say it aloud. I don't think taking a leap of faith if you are not sure if quite what you want to do. Maybe take her out for dinner or go somewhere and just be kind and courteous, the extra effort will be sure to rub off on her, and she might realize you feel for her more!

ask for a coffee together and let her know that you are interested in her.

The woman I speak of is my room mate. We have not dated before and I am unsure of her feelings. I have chosen to tell her how I feel, without the L word. Any significant differences between infatuation and love?

Hi broken4. If you are serious about this woman and you're thinking about announcing the fact, I wouldn't tie it in to any doomsday prophecies. That might
    seem a bit wacky to her. Only time will tell if you're infatuated with her or actually in love with her. Has she given any indication at all that she's interested in
    you? Most people gently put out the feelers and take the temperature before leaping into a declaration of undying love. Think carefully about what she likes and then choose a nice Xmas present for her, nothing too flash or expensive. If you choose the right present she'll know you are interested, and she'll let you know
    in return. Just look for the signs.

Excellent idea...

- Chat 2 Friend -