+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impossible to read

Impossible to read

Okay, I am 16, and the girl is in the year below; 15.

I have been talking to her and meeting her for maybe 2 years at school, but she continually goes on streaks of ignoring me, then suddenly wants me back and send messages saying she wished I was there. Her parents recently divorced and she was in Hospital for a heart disease, so I can understand her being unhappy, but then about a month or two ago we argued on bbm over something trivial, and she ignores me... I got fed up and deleted her in a spur of the moment, and am not sure if it is worth asking a friends of hers to re-add her and try and talk to her. She is in the year below so I don't have any lessons with her, so to talk to her and organize something with her means I have to use the phone. Something to throw in there, her dad really likes me and we get on well, and apparently in a conversation about who she was going to marry, they were joking around and he was adamant it would be me. I know they were joking but it is surely something that he would say that to her? I cannot stop thinking about her every minute of the day, but I don't want to just get pushed away again.

Thanks

Okaneed, my best dating advice for now and your future is to not bother with someone who is either hard to read or who runs hot and cold. And this girl is doing both.

The best relationships are easy to understand and comfortable to be in

Thanks, my only thought is that I guess I might be kind of "desperate" in that I have never gone out with a girl, or done anything with a girl for that matter, not out of inability, simply because I choose not to most of the time ... because everyone seems shallow at my age, and I suppose I am scared of asking ... thanks for the advice though!

Don't worry about it. You're only 16. Right now what you're doing is practicing for the real thing in a few years.

Oh, please HIA: Spare the guy your ageist crap.

It's truth, boy. I know you can't handle the truth though.

Don't dismiss high school romances as not "real." They matter just as much.

Don't get me wrong - at the time they feel like they're the most important thing in the world. A huge part of that is the raging hormones.

But the real relationship/romance part - that happens later.

BS. I know a few guys and gals that met in like sophomore year and are married now; their marriages are going VERY well.

Plus, if a guy doesn't enter a few relationships in high school, he'll probably end up like ME. And no guy should really want that.

Yep, it happens. Happened to my brother in fact - but it's rare.

And whoever said not to enter into relationships? I just said not to take it too seriously, not to worry about it too much.

My point is, high school relationships are more important and real than you suggest. If a guy doesn't have one in HS, he usually goes on to be a loser..like me.

LR, this thread is not about you

HIA was being ageist as usual; had to correct him.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    And whoever said not to enter into relationships? I just said not to take it too seriously, not to worry about it too much.
    ^^^^^This.

Now you are scaring me Love'sReject I suppose it might just be a question of having the courage to ask a girl! Some girls are interested, I am fit and somewhat well-built, and intelligent, perhaps too smart for my own good so I do get some attention, I just ignore it, or run away from it. And HIA when you say don't worry, do you mean not make any active effort to find a girl and just take any chance that comes my way, or look for girls, but not take it too seriously? And Love'sReject; you might not want condescending rhetoric from a 16 year old, but I don't believe in "losers"!
    Oh and I am no feminist but I hate sexism and treating girls like objects, so it feels like going out with girl just for "practice" is using her... /:
    Last edited by OKANEED; 10-12-12 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Forgot something!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast