+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long-distance second chance?

Long-distance second chance?

It's been a little more than half a year that we parted ways. It was due to him not being able to handle the distance. I was handlimg it pretty well, I actually even enjoyed it, I had my freedom(in the sense, that I had loads of time for hobbies and friends) but at the same time, there was him, just a phone call away and we always had plans about when to see each other again. Needless to say that I was pretty crushed when he finally admitted to me, it wasn't like that to him, that he could take the distance and found it less painful to cut it off then than continue without having the security of it eventually turning out well. I cut off all contact then, telling him I needed time to myself. We stayed NC till my birthday in the beginning of September, he send me a long e-mail wishing me a happy birthday, asking me how I was and that he'd be happy to hear from me and was hoping that we could catch up on what happened in each other's lives.
    I agreed as I was over the hurt by then, and we skyped. We've been in constant contact since and it's been going pretty smoothly. He's lovely but I'm not sure where this is going. He's recently been telling me that he wants to see me. He's been inviting me over and stuff. From the way he talks I figured his ultimate intention is to patch things up. I'm not sure if I want though. I don't want to move to where he lives and works even though I could as the university in his city offers interesting grad programmes. So it would be long distance again. But why should it work for him this time around? Would it even be possible to have a fresh start to this relationship while being apart?

Any ideas, comments, advice greatly appreciated!!

Love, Fiona

If you broke up because you were long distance, then why try long distance again? Do you honestly expect there to be a better result? Unless one of you is willing to move to be near the other one (which I don't think is going to happen based on your post), then it isn't really worth trying again. You can handle it, but he can't.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Yup. Unless something changes, I don't see how it can work the second time around.

i remember another fellow loveforum member mention that the chance of LDR to work is slim.
    you just have to be mentally be prepared for the worst.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"