+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What will he think of my crazy family... help.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Call me paranoid, but am I the only one that has a problem with her exposing her daughter *to a stranger*? This man has never met her teenage daughter, but the mother's first introduction is to allow this man to live in the same home for 'several weeks'?

Sorry, but I would handle this introduction much more gradually. I think she is putting her daughter at risk for her own desires. How well does she *really* know him? He could be a child molester for all she knows. Irresponsible.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I AM cautious- I have waited over two years to introduce them! I have known him for over two years now. It is getting serious enough to where I think there might be a future and so he and I have discussed taking our relationship to another level and introducing my daughter and him FOR that reason. She is excited to meet him. I have never introduced her to any other man before- not that I have dated around a bunch but I have been very cautious. I think there is ALWAYS a risk but I trust my instincts and him well enough by now to proceed. I understand your initial thought but he isn't just a stranger- and NO I DID NOT MEET HIM ONLINE...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He is a stranger - to her. Anyway, its just my opinion as a parent. I would have introduced them in a much more limited way before letting him stay in my home. Point is, you don't HAVE to be taking this risk, there is an in between all and nothing.

Can't you find a hotel for him to stay at? What will you do if they hate each other? Talking about someone is not at all like meeting them in person. Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    He is a stranger - to her. Anyway, its just my opinion as a parent. I would have introduced them in a much more limited way before letting him stay in my home. Point is, you don't HAVE to be taking this risk, there is an in between all and nothing.

Can't you find a hotel for him to stay at? What will you do if they hate each other? Talking about someone is not at all like meeting them in person. Good luck.
    You're not the only one. I wondered at that too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12