+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to not bore her...

How to not bore her...

There is this girl I really like. We start texting and the convo flows for a little bit then we run out of things to talk. Then the convo ends... This really annoys me because I want to keep talking to her but I don't know
    What else to talk about. I feel like a I bore her and sometimes I stop myself from texting her so she doesn't lose interest in me. What can I do to fix this. I would like to flirt more often through textbut don't l don't know how to start it.
    Your help is appreciated

Ask her on a date. Or at least talk on the phone - but start getting more personal than text

Quote Originally Posted by cleancoupe View Post
    There is this girl I really like. We start texting and the convo flows for a little bit then we run out of things to talk. Then the convo ends... This really annoys me because I want to keep talking to her but I don't know
    What else to talk about. I feel like a I bore her and sometimes I stop myself from texting her so she doesn't lose interest in me. What can I do to fix this. I would like to flirt more often through textbut don't l don't know how to start it.
    Your help is appreciated
    Dont text at all from here on out. Respond to her texts but dont carry on a convo over it...

Why not. Wouldn't that be rude. Show her that I'm not interested anymore?

I think surfhb means that you should start having real conversations INSTEAD of text conversations.

But if we can't have proper texting convos what makes you think we can have a flowing convo through phone.

this is the problem with kids nowadays and texting. You've forgotten how to carry a conversation

You cannot have a 'conversation' by text. It's simply not fluid enough to allow it. Frankly a text 'conversation' would bore the hell out of me. Why can't you just see in her in person in what we old farts refer to as 'the real world'?

Why not. Wouldn't that be rude. Show her that I'm not interested anymore?
    No....I meant call her up and have a conversation. Jeesh! You crazy kids today!

But if we can't have proper texting convos what makes you think we can have a flowing convo through phone.
    I asked my 13yo daughter (who has been known to talk with boys) for another opinion on this one.

She said "when you're texting, it's like "what do I say next" and it's awkward. But when you're talking on the phone the conversation flows much more easily...and....yeah"

So, there you go. If a 13yo girl can talk more easily one the phone with a boy, you can do it too.

Haha yea you're right. I should try it.

Any serious communication by text is too open to misunderstanding. Keep it light on text. If you feel you're running out of conversation, simply ask her a few
    questions. She'll love the fact that you're interested in what she's reading/watching/listening to/thinking etc. Good luck, Wilf.