+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to motivate myself to get work done?

How to motivate myself to get work done?

Since the beginning of the school year I've not been doing my homework. I really don't know how to motivate myself to do my homework... My grades aren't the worst, but they sure aren't good. Don't get me wrong I pay attention in school it's just that I can't seem to get myself to do the homework. Suggestions?
    crystee

I'd give you a suggestion but it will just mean you'll read this thread and yet again, your homework will be forgotten...

just imagine how good it feels once your home work is done. You can do so many things like playing, going out with friends etc more freely if you do your home work.

how old are u? talk about it to your parents , maybe there is a reason why u act like that.
    and they can motivate u too as parents.

and u can also spread your home work over the day or week depends on when u have to have it finished.
    and so u do after every 2 hour or something a part .
    so it will look less boring etc. and at the end its the hard truth that u will have to force yourself to
    open the books and make it anyway.
    that is life!

even when u dont like u have to do what is right .
    think also of the end of it. how u will end your school with great grades if u put
    time in practice and learn true making your home work.

when u have to work u cant say to your boss i dont want to come today .cause he will tell u well stay home and dont com back cause u are fired//
    and that will have consequences on your finances and u can loose your house and car and so on also if u dont
    have money to pay for.

Are you in college or high school?

See your friends if they are doing there homework everyday, And if they are doing it why not you? Feel Shameful and start doing your homework.
    We do not choose our destiny, it chooses us!

Link to What Motivates You

Hi Crystee,

Take a bit of time to think about what you are motivated to do. Is there a way to link getting your homework done to what does motivate you? eg if I get it done I can go out/ring a friend/ have a snack?

Did something happen at the beginning of the year that you need to deal with (maybe express sadness or anger about)?

Is there a way to make homework more pleasurable for you? Walking around rather than sitting? Doing diagrams instead of text? Making up stories to make stuff memorable or jingles to help remember key points (if you like music).

Can you develop a habit like starting as soon as you get home or get to your dorm or go to the library so that less motivation is required?

Hope these ideas stimulate some thinking for you.
    </snip ->