+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice required

Advice required

My partner and I work for the same company and are quite well known by many people.

Since the start of our relationship, he has been discussing the problems in our relationship to our co workers which I don't believe is right. I believe that this affects my reputation at work and I see it as being unfair. However, he does not see an issue with it.

Can I have everyone's thoughts on this please as to whether you think it's alright to do this.

Thank you!

That is a bad situation right there! It was bad enough in a previous relationship when my ex would talk to mutual friends about her issues in our relationship, but having co-workers know your business?! HELL NO!

This has to stop, you need to explain it calmly, rationally and in a non-confrontational way. If it still isn't getting through you could give examples like 'how would you feel if i was talking to steve in accounts about how insecure you are about your small cock'
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

did u meet him while working there? then its your own fault for messing with coleagues.

thats why couples need to work at different places. often the boss will not put them togheter if they came there as a couple to avoid bullshit instead of working.

and i see someone tht do that as a enemy, or he most be gay.
    cause its wrong.
    i would tell him once and if he dont listing break up right away so he have noting more to gossip about u.
    and when people do that i think its cause there is no friendship between u and him only maybe romance and sex.

This is why I always say never date someone you work with. Sorry hun but this is what you get. If you want it to stop, find another job or dump his ass. Telling him to stop will do Jack Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Telling him to stop will do Jack Shit.
    Raspberry, I think you should try to communicate with him first and tell him you feel it is inappropriate. If it continues, THEN dump his ass. Communication should be your first step.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

well, this is a complication of dating a co-worker, everyone in the office will know what's going on in your relationship. There is nothing you can do about it, so just don't think about it too much and maybe start looking for another job?

It is very unprofessional that he is disclosing your personal life to the work place especially when you work with these ppl too. Definitely consider getting another job