+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I leave this girl?

Should I leave this girl?

Me: 26
    Her: 22

Had a relationship in the past. She left me and a few months later, she regretted it and came back.
    We are together again for 3 months now.

Her Pros:
    - Pretty much likes everything that I like. Sports, movies, traveling...
    - She is fun.
    - She is beautiful.
    - She trully loves me (I believe so).

Her Cons:
    - She is never wrong in any argument or fight.
    - She has an explosive temper, specially during fights. She can never keep cool and it's difficult to solve our problems.
    - She doesn't like sex nearly as much as I do. For me, ideal is 2 or 3 times a week... for her, it's 1 or less.

As far as talking to her about her cons, it's difficult because of the first one (she is never wrong).

What do you people think?

and what do u want to do? if u cant handle her or its doesnt match leave.
    cause i dont think she will change just for u.

and sex is not a obligation if u r not married so thats no issue

Mod Edit - removed personal insults.
    Last edited by Over The Fence; 13-12-12 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitsss View Post
    we r not retarded u can put your topic in the normal way.

and what do u want to do? if u cant handle her or its doesnt match leave.
    cause i dont think she will change just for u.

and sex is not a obligation if u r not married so thats no issue
    What the hell do you mean by normal way? Who said I thought you were retarded?
    And sex is not a obligation if I'm not married? What are you? A religious fanatic?

Please...
    Last edited by Marcus2012; 13-12-12 at 09:40 PM.

Lol, fruits is so straight-forward. (:

I understand you're asking for advice, but we can't really help except for giving our opinions right? It matters most what you think, personally I wouldn't be able to deal with someone who always thinks she's right. It makes me very aggressive (only thing that does really, besides hurting friends/family). But maybe that's different for you, also means you can't really talk about your conflicts like you said and I think that's going to make you explode some time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphyn View Post
    Lol, fruits is so straight-forward. (:

I understand you're asking for advice, but we can't really help except for giving our opinions right? It matters most what you think, personally I wouldn't be able to deal with someone who always thinks she's right. It makes me very aggressive (only thing that does really, besides hurting friends/family). But maybe that's different for you, also means you can't really talk about your conflicts like you said and I think that's going to make you explode some time soon.
    That's right. What I want to see is opinions... maybe from someone that has been trough something similar.
    Someone who has been able to change the other person's ways perhaps... I dunno.

I know in the end, what matters is what I think, but... this is a Love Advice Forum, no? =)

She needs to take an anger management class, which seems unlikely because she is never wrong. Can you arrange a group intervention? If not, it's probably better to just walk away. She needs to self-destruct her way through a few more relationships before she is ready to admit fault.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    She needs to take an anger management class, which seems unlikely because she is never wrong. Can you arrange a group intervention? If not, it's probably better to just walk away. She needs to self-destruct her way through a few more relationships before she is ready to admit fault.
    What do you mean by group intervention?
    When she came back with me, she promised she would seek a psychologist, but she never did... I told her do it a month ago, she said she would, but again... never did it.

I'm think about giving her an "ultimatum" about this subjet, but it's really unconfortable to tell someone "go see a shrink!".

I often tought about some of those couple's counseling, but it seems a little extreme... specially since we are not married or anything.
    Last edited by Marcus2012; 13-12-12 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus2012 View Post
    That's right. What I want to see is opinions... maybe from someone that has been trough something similar.
    Someone who has been able to change the other person's ways perhaps... I dunno.

I know in the end, what matters is what I think, but... this is a Love Advice Forum, no? =)
    Urgh, sorry about that. Was the wrong thread, lols.
    Last edited by Alphyn; 13-12-12 at 11:43 PM.

When she came back with me, she promised she would seek a psychologist, but she never did... I told her do it a month ago, she said she would, but again... never did it.
    This right here starts to get to the core of your relationship problems. She knows she has a problem, and you know she has a problem. You have done what you can in asking her to get help, she promised she would TWICE and still hasn't.

Whether is be a lack or respect for you, a lack of motivation on her part, or just a self-destructive attitude, the reality is that she isn't relationship material until she gets herself together. An ultimatum always goes badly because it comes across as a threat.

What do you mean by group intervention?

I'm think about giving her an "ultimatum" about this subjet, but it's really unconfortable to tell someone "go see a shrink!".

I often tought about some of those couple's counseling, but it seems a little extreme... specially since we are not married or anything.
    If one person tells her to take an anger management class, she will decide that he is wrong and she is right. If several people tell her to take an anger management class, spread out over a period of months or years, she might start to get a hint, or she might decide each time that she is right and they are wrong. If a group of people that are close to her (like friends and family) all get together and tell her at the same time that she needs to take an anger management class, she might have an epic meltdown, but she will no longer be able to dismiss the idea. Even better is if they bring her everything that she needs to take that course of action, like a list of times and locations for local classes. Maybe they could even take up a collection and offer to pay for the class.

When I took an anger management class 8 years ago, it cost something like $185 for a weekly two-hour class that went for four months. That fee also covered the required reading materials. The class was taught by two alumni of the course, and it was great. It saved my career and my relationship, and improved my interactions with friends and family. I went into the first class thinking that it was a bunch of touchy-feely crap, and came out realizing that this was a chance to make a breakthrough towards becoming a better human being. The most fundamental lesson of the class was this: Bad things happen and you have every right to get angry about some of those things, but you are personally responsible for how you choose to act on that anger. The rest of the class was identifying the kinds of things that make you angry and how to avoid or cope with those things as they arise.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Oh man... the more I ask people, the more tell me I should leave her.
    Deep down, that's not what I wan't to hear, you know. But I know it would be best.

But I just wanna try everything before this. I wan't to use all my cards because I really love her and I know she loves me.
    That's why I talked about an ultimatum. Not in the form of a threat, but... just saying all the things I think are wrong and asking her to fix them, for me.
    However, I'm afraid of doing this, since I know how discussions go with her and she already thinks I'm pushing her too much...

I was also thinking about giving her a cold shoulder for a while, and wait for her to come talk to me...
    Last edited by Marcus2012; 13-12-12 at 11:28 PM.

I don't think you should give her the cold shoulder, but if you do, you should take it a step further. Tell her that you don't want a relationship with her as she is, so you're not going to be exclusive with her again until she seriously starts getting help. Start banging other girls.

What you really should do is just tell her that you're breaking up with her, and you'll consider going back out with her once she's MADE PROGRESS with a therapist of some kind. That is not a threat, and not really an ultimatum. It's a decision to enforce your relationship boundaries.

You honestly just sound like a cold bitch to me though. She obviously sees it too. I see this continuing for months.

You've already been through the discussion of 'it's not working for me' twice. She's promised to seek help but done nothing about it. Do you really think that one more ultimatum would make any difference?

Mate, I think you've made it well and truly clear how you feel. Fact of the matter is that she doesn't care enough to do anything about it.

What the hell do you mean by normal way? Who said I thought you were retarded?
    And sex is not a obligation if I'm not married? What are you? A religious fanatic?

Please...

i see that u r the one that is not that smart. thats why u type like that. i feel sorry for u. poor figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitsss View Post
    i see that u r the one that is not that smart. thats why u type like that. i feel sorry for u. poor figure.
    And I see you're the bitch who doesn't even bother to know if english is my main language...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast