+ Follow This Topic

Thread: taking back a cheater, in need of advice!!!

taking back a cheater, in need of advice!!!

Hello all,

After finding out I had been cheated on I broke it off immediately and got out of the relationship to think about everything that had happened. I NEVER in a million years thought I could stay with someone who had cheated on me. Well, since the moment i broke it off, he immediately started counseling, wrote me weekly letters telling me of his progress he had been making in counseling, and continued to show an immense amount of remorse and true signs of effort (I wont go into all the details but he has done a lot) toward getting me back. After the initial devastation, i was so hurt and down that I turned to my family and a close friend for support. They helped me so much during this time, however, I am one of those people that believes in second chances, and after all the effort I am seeing from him, I am truly thinking about giving it another go. We have been taking things very slowly and he has been taking me on romantic dates and showing me a lot of continual effort to make sure that I am comforted during this time. I feel deep down that he is truly changing and I have actually never felt us be this strong ever in our previous relationship. However here is my dilemma: My family says they support me in whatever I choose, but they say they want nothing to do with him which is fair and understandable for the present time. Is it wrong of me to give this relationship another try even though my family does not approve? I feel like if we do work out this second time around they will eventually come around down the road but I dont know if it is wrong to be with someone that my family doesnt approve of anymore. Any and all advice would be great!!

Hi Jessica, it is best to post this into one of the actual love-related sub-forums. This area is rarely used by even the regular members.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Double post. Original thread http://www.loveforum.net/threads/75864-taking-back-a-cheater-in-need-of-advice!!