+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Connecticut Shooting Leaves 28 Dead, Including 20 Pupils

oh does it? because based on my research home schooled kids have statistically done better in tests and a lot of other things than the children cattle in traditional public schools.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Wow, they passed a few tests..they are pretty maladjusted after that. Depends on the age, I'd guess.

OK, I'm just messing: home-schooling kids is something I actually have absolutely no real clue about it. I just like arguing even without making good points sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    "requirements" will not keep criminals from getting guns.

From my point of view, USA has created a kind of paranoia about it, it's like you HAVE to have a gun or else you're defensless. Well, in Europe a very very small fraction of the common populace owns guns, and you rarely hear about these kinds of incidents. There is a correlation between the two.

Your logic is flawed. Introducing a weapon to a higher percentage of people does nothing but increase the chance of an incident to happen. If a loonatic snaps it means mass murder. Not having a gun doesn't render you completely defenseless, yet makes other people (who wouldn't have been a threat under different circumstances) extremely dangerous.
    Last edited by frampt2; 19-12-12 at 03:05 AM.

Thank you!

Look guys, I'm not a big fan of every swingin' dick in the US walking around with firearms on their person or in their car either, considering the average intelligence and decision making level of the typical citizen is on a junior high level.

But this is America, it is what it is. No one is going to f*ck with the constitution over the right to bear arms. We have to tackle it in a different manner, and about the best bet is putting up as many hoops as we can for these morons to jump through.

Btw, I agree with misombra, I'm a big supporter of home schooling.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Btw, I agree with misombra, I'm a big supporter of home schooling.
    this is the trend now!

You can find ton of materials from the internet directly and use it to guide your child..
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

.. all I can say is anyone who is going to home school their child, then don't overlook them having lots of play dates with kids in the neighbourhood so that they are getting educated in social interaction as well as academically and making lots of friends.

The shooter at Sandy Hook was apparently socially inept. I think home schooling someone who was socially inept wasn't the best decision his mother could have made.

Not to mention most cases of home-schooling seem to be paranoid moms drastically overreacting and seriously hurting a kid's development. "Billy, you'll thank me for depriving you of socializing when the nuculear fallout transforms everyone into radioactive cannibal monkey zombies."

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    We have to tackle it in a different manner, and about the best bet is putting up as many hoops as we can for these morons to jump through.
    I agree sadly, though I just heard on the news that gun sales have spiked in the last couple of days because people are fearing that new, tougher hoops to jump through will stop them from getting a gun. Just how many of them are mentally unstable. Makes ya wonder.

Or are the gun sales at least partially due to 2012 Apocalypse fears? It's weird that idiots who think 300 foot tall tsunamis, volcanoes and the Earth blasting out of orbit in a few days are buying guns!

lol.. well according to the news its to avoid the tougher rules they fear Obama will be trying to pass through congress.

Lol, what a paranoid bunch we 'Murricans are! Yeah, so then I am taking this proliferation of the "final available guns" as a sign that 'Murricans advocate killing members of the government to protect their "right" to have a gun

Hahaha, I guess you *can* abort 6-year-olds!

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Anyways... Everybody has to admit, if this kids mother had her weapons locked in a safe, or even better, didn't have them AT ALL, this kiddo would just continue to be a weird kiddo, not a mass baby killer. Because seriously, who would sell him a gun ( let's say if it was illegal in US ). A gang ? They would kick his butt for asking them such a question in the best case scenario. They would probably take him as a snitch. Just look at this boy.

So even if criminals have access to guns. It's not those who take them and go to a mall or a school and play call of duty. They use their guns for their business or defence. By giving easier access to guns for EVERYONE, we give opportunity to people like this young boy, to take a gun and just go crazy shit and bring his imagination into reality.
    I would sooo like to thank this post.

Quote Originally Posted by frampt2 View Post
    From my point of view, USA has created a kind of paranoia about it, it's like you HAVE to have a gun or else you're defensless. Well, in Europe a very very small fraction of the common populace owns guns, and you rarely hear about these kinds of incidents. There is a correlation between the two.

Your logic is flawed. Introducing a weapon to a higher percentage of people does nothing but increase the chance of an incident to happen. If a loonatic snaps it means mass murder. Not having a gun doesn't render you completely defenseless, yet makes other people (who wouldn't have been a threat under different circumstances) extremely dangerous.
    This one too.
    Last edited by searock; 20-12-12 at 10:01 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011