+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is marriage right?

When is marriage right?

How long can you date before it is time to get married?

there is no one-size-fits-all for length of time before getting engaged

i dont know if u already really knew him but for a person u dont know well jet i would say, its better to date 4/5 years cause thats some what how long the the inlove often last if its not end after weeks, months or in less then 5 years.
    after the inlove period when both of u r crazy about each other not looking much at the real picture, u can have a better look at the reality and after that period u can see if its became love or just u and him forcing it.

during the 5 years u have the time to discus and get to know things like like what both of you think about having kids,cheating, marriage values,drugs,alcohol, housewives, money, who is he, who r u,who r his family and friends, how is he when he is mad,
    how was he as child.etc. all things that r important in the direction of knowing each other and marriage.

cause marriage is very serious. and during that time u can also see if this is someone that u really want to merry with.
    and so him.
    u can buy the book of writer Nancy van Pelt named We have only just begun. She have other books that talks about marriage 2. all the best.

6 months, one week, 4 days, 13 hours and exactly 9 minutes.
    Stupid reply? Ok yes it was but only as stupid as the question.

6 months, one week, 4 days, 13 hours and exactly 9 minutes.
    Stupid reply? Ok yes it was but only as stupid as the question.

Thats not right/ its not a stupid question its one of the best. if people start asking and find out things like this first before jumping into things , there will be less mess in relationships and people marry for fun while its serious.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At least 2 years to shake out the honeybees.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

When you can go into it with nothing in your heart but joy - not one moment before. If you've got any misgivings, doubts or fears then it's not time yet.

Well, it varies with person to person. But I would say wait for least two years before you pop the big question!  You need to get beyond the stage of being “in love with love”! That stage is all about presenting the best part of yourself to your partner. Only after that stage is done with that you get to notice all the imperfections. But it is also the stage where your love either deepens or fades away. If you are ready to accept her with all her imperfections and issues, that means you truly love her. But if you get overwhelmed with it all, the doubts will surface and something will stop you from continuing the relationship further. If you are smart enough, you will listen because you don’t want to be trapped in a loveless marriage. Thus it’s important to wait as long as you want, to make the right decision. Nothing done in a hurry ever turns out well! So take your time buddy!

It is not an stupid question but it is very interesting one....I would say that every one should wait about two months before.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The question isn't "when" but "why".
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

If you are mentally prepared for lifelong commitment and think that you can spend the rest of your life with the person you are in love with, you can get married. There in no time period it is a decision based upon your gut feelings.

Personally, I waited 2.5 years. I think 2 years should be a minimum, but then again if you know this person is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with then who are we to say that it's too early. As long as you are out of the early stages are into the stages that will most represent your life, and you are still in love, then you are ready, but that's only in terms of readiness but doesn't take into consideration attitude, timing, personal restrictions etc.

I am a strong believer that you have to be with someone for at least 4 seasons. I have a friend who was head over heels in love with his girlfriend, even 9 months in they acted as if they had only been together for weeks. It was beautiful. That was up until winter came, at which point she became a pain in the neck as she would constantly complain it was too cold. All. The. Time. Every time we met up she would complain, and for him it was too much and they broke up. It seems like such a small thing to break up over, and when he told me I thought the same thing, but you need to know everything that person is about and once you still love her, you're ready.

Right... because the position of the planet around the sun has so much to do with relationships. Moron.

Its depends on you if you like or love that person then i don't think there is need to take time for dating, do whatever you feel right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast