Hi all,

New to the forum and looking for some advice.. Not sure if i should have posted in broken hearts forum so feel free to move it there.

Basically after 3 years my BF told me that he doesn't feel a connection there anymore, basically a lack in emotional connection. He is quite a serious and emotional/sensitive guy and its important to him that he feels that back from a gf which is fair enough.
Im not an overly sensitive person but i am emotional.. My prob is that i've grown up not expressing them.. im used to ignoring ppl for a few hours if we have an argument and hoping we can resolve things later after the dust has settled.

Well after a few days of arguing our points it seemed that he didn't want to give it another try and all of my 'walls' broke down and i told him how much i wanted this (i know it seems too little too late!).. Seriously this is the first person i have Ever felt like i could spend my life with, that i Should spend my life with. Im mad about him.
He says he still loves me but that he just doesn't feel the same about the relationship.

We've been talking the last two days and ive told him things im willing to do.. please note im not necessarily changing myself as a person, i think that would be fundamentally wrong, i just mean i will bare my emotions rather than keep them to myself and just be more open with him in general.
He told me today that he thinks its worth giving it another shot but i can tell from him that he doesnt think it will work. He thinks he is giving me false hope and that its bound to fail.
I just want to give it another try because we can see if me putting this changes in place will actually help establish the connection that he needs.

Bar being mad about him the reason i am finding it hard to let go of this is because it all hit me out of the blue.
I had no idea he felt like that in the first place and his argument is that i should have known and the fact that i didn't pick up on it shows there is something missing.. Maybe he's right.
I just feel that if we gave it another go and it failed i could accept it a bit better knowing we got a chance to try ya know?

I just think two ppl that love each other and make each other happy shouldn't give up without at least giving it a shot when issues are out on the table and we get a chance to make it work..

Hes gone away now for 4 days and no one else knows this, i haven't had a chance to talk to anyone about it yet and im about to explode with frustration and heartache

Any advice/comments on the situation? Anyone gone through anything similar?