+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Another problem with my girlfriend.. Getting very fed up now.

Another problem with my girlfriend.. Getting very fed up now.

Hey everyone, I posted on here a few times about some problems with my girlfriend. After tonight, I may have to call it quits. The bad behaviors just keep escalating to no end and I'm sick of it.

So we had plans to go see a movie with some friends once I got out of work. The movie began at 11 and I was getting out at 10. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to get to the movie theater, and one of my co-workers needed a ride home. I text my girlfriend and say "Hey I'm giving one of my co-workers a ride home, I'll be at my house in a little bit." (her and my friends were meeting me at my house)

So we close up shop and I'm driving my co-worker to her house, and I drive by my friends and girlfriend in the other car. They beep at me, and I wave at them. I drop off my co-worker at her house, then pull out my phone to call up my girlfriend. Well I notice a text message from her saying the following...

"You're driving some chick home? You keep screwing up this same date. You better not be late. I think I'm going to cry" (We were supposed to see the movie last night but I was stuck late at work and we missed the showing)

I received this text message about 5 minutes after I sent her the original driving my co-worker home text. Now, I have a hunch that I probably would have never received this if my co-worker just happened to be male. I tried to call her up but she wouldn't even pick up the phone, so I called my friend who she was in the car with. At this point, I didn't even want to meet up.. But I all ready made plans so I wasn't just going to flake last minute. I confront my girlfriend on how I think she's being ridiculous and she just says...

"Well it seems kind of fishy cause you didn't say she was a girl"

I'm sick of this nonsense.. She's trying to make me feel guilty for giving this girl a ride home, rather than saying "no" so she has to walk across town in the cold. In the past, she has done things that have clearly demonstrated having a lack of boundaries such as rubbing sexual arousal gel on my friends nipples at a party.

Then later on in the evening, one of my friends invited us to a frat party tomorrow night. I can't go because I have to work, but my girlfriend said "Oh I want to go!".. My girlfriend doesn't like parties too much, especially frat parties. I feel like she just did this to rub it in my face and see me get jealous, I decided not to play in to the game and just said "Cool, I have to close tomorrow night so I can't make, sounds fun though".

I just want a general consensus.. Based on my beliefs and principles, I feel that I am not in the wrong whatsoever here. I have done absolutely NOTHING in the past that would even have her consider that I am a cheater.. We went back to my place to have sex later tonight, but something just wasn't ticking. I just couldn't do it. I need to stop giving in to this bad behavior because it's just never going to end.

I think you're both game-playing tools that deserve each other.

To be honest, my husband would never refer to someone from work as "my co-worker". He'd say "I'm giving George a lift home". Or "I'm giving Sally a lift home". Not only is it more transparent and personal, it's less letters to type! I don't know why you wouldn't refer to that person by name....I have to agree that it looks odd from the outside.

I also think it's odd that you chose to give a co-worker a lift home when you could have been with your girlfriend and getting ready to go out. Especially as your girlfriend had waited so long for you to finish work. Yes, I understand you had enough time to do both....and it was cold....but your girlfriend should be a higher priority than playing taxi service to a co-worker.

At any rate, I guess you'll disagree because my thoughts clearly don't go along with your 'beliefs and principles'. In that case, just dump your girlfriend. Find someone who thinks like you do.

You haven't cheated. But you've been screwing up one too many times and may be raising suspicions. Instead of bitchin about it, why not comfort your gf by apologizing to her and putting her at ease that she has nothing to worry about!

She should trust you enough to not worry about you driving a female co-worker home.

Saying "co-worker" is fine, maybe you work for a large company and have many. There is no need to specify a name of someone you are talking to doesn't know the person (I actually don't like it when someone tells me something and names people I don't know).

Also: "you better not be late"... WTF is that? A threat? Sounds like jealously.

Yes but u need to understand the girls point of view.
    Bf late again on a date due to work. He calls and says he is driving a coworker home. She sees him in a car with a girl. She's already ticked off to begin with, and this is just going to tick her off some more. And whatever u wanna think, it ain't the same as driving another male home. Just skim through this forum and you will see this forum is flooded with ppl that are either cheating or getting an interest in a coworker while in a relationship.
    Last edited by bcgirl; 17-12-12 at 12:43 AM.

What difference does it make who is right and who is wrong? The jist of it all is this:

.. You MAY call it quits.
    .. You're GETTING fed up now.
    .. You're GETTING sick of "this" behaviour.

Why tell us what you might do, you may do, or how fed up you are. Tell YOURSELF those things and then actually DO something about it. Make up your mind either you love drama and just venting here (who cares what you do with her ? No one just you so why keep venting about her here?) or you want permission to leave her. Well, you have mine.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    To be honest, my husband would never refer to someone from work as "my co-worker". He'd say "I'm giving George a lift home". Or "I'm giving Sally a lift home". Not only is it more transparent and personal, it's less letters to type! I don't know why you wouldn't refer to that person by name....I have to agree that it looks odd from the outside.

I also think it's odd that you chose to give a co-worker a lift home when you could have been with your girlfriend and getting ready to go out. Especially as your girlfriend had waited so long for you to finish work. Yes, I understand you had enough time to do both....and it was cold....but your girlfriend should be a higher priority than playing taxi service to a co-worker.
    Alex - I read your post and thought 'no big deal' until I read this^. Which makes a lot of sense, actually.

You seem to be on the 'emotionally detached' side of the curve. Your GF clearly needs more (or different) from you than you can give her. Yes, her response was probably over the top and she does seem really picky, if not outright insecure about a lot of things (I'm remembering your other thread about the laundry detergent). So why keep this up? You two are obviously incompatible. Just break up. Is your ego so tied up with having a GF you can't let go when its obvious neither of you are making each other happy?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You were supposed to watch a movie with her last night but you were stuck at work. This makes you appear as unreliable in her mind. Due to this incident, she is now scared that you would leave her behind again for something else (work, co-worker etc). She may be over reacting, but it is due to your own actions. To regain her trust, you need to now prove to her that you are reliable and can be trusted to arrive on time and keep promises.