+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

Hi All - I'm going to keep this brief as possible:

My ex just ended our relationship after 3.5 years. She's an amazing girl. I know she's been crazy for me ever since day one. I have no complaints. She did express interest on getting married down the road. Earlier on the year, I was having generalized doubts about the relationship (IE. Questioning if she's the one, am I ready to get married to her, etc). I'm very anti-marriage. I've seen too many of them crumble and turn for the worse.

Because I was so uncertain, I became a little distant and unappreciative of the things she did for me. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't abusive and wasn't mean. We still went out on dates, had a great time, had a great sex life, but I because was lost, I became complacent and didn't take the same initiative in the relationship as she did.

I thought about going on a break to get a new perspective of what I want in the relationship, but a counsellor I spoke with advised against it. he positioned it was a messy way of breaking up with someone. At that point, I felt it was an all or nothing. I love her, and wasn't anywhere close to ending the relationship.

A month ago, when I was having a very bad weekend, she asked me if I saw a future. I replied saying I wasn't certain (I know, def not music to a girl's ears). An email followed a week later, as well as her taking her stuff from my place, calling it quits. She mentioned how she can't move forward with me in this state. A phone call afterwards, she kept on saying she needs some time to herself. I respected her want for space, thus didn't put up much of a fight. I haven't contact her since. She has no idea what's going through my mind.

We've been in no-contact for 3.5 weeks. She's deleted me off Facebook and removed all of our pictures. I took this as a sign that she's 100% moved on, but others beg to differ.

This time away has been a wake up call; I've realized how special she is to me. It's given me clarity that she is the one for me. I'm ready to commit to her. Nothing that I'm saying I'll put a ring on her finger next week, I know 3 weeks is not a long time to realize this, but this is the break i've been looking for. I feel as if she needs to know this.

Is it too late at this point? Should I tell her how I feel? Is she going to laugh at me for coming crawling back? Or should continue no contact just accept the loss, and move on assuming that nothing will ever ever happen bbetween us?

Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by DepthOfField; 16-12-12 at 06:19 PM.