+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Someone, please help explain this?????

Someone, please help explain this?????

My exgf contacted me after a month and a half of no contact, saying her rebound relationship is over. She loves me. We hang out, hook up, and she even cries saying how she loves me. Then she sends me this e-mail. What the hell does this mean???? Is their hope of reconcilliation or should I cut off all ties? I love this girl and it is killing me. Heres the e-mail:

Hey (my name). I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed seeing you last
    night and this week. I really missed you in my life. I did some thinking
    before I past out and the truth is that I can see us back together and
    happy one day! But the Key is one day. i do love you VERY MUCH! And I
    think we are doing great in our own lives. I do not want to interrupt
    both of our healing processes from the hurt we encountered from being with
    eachother. This does not mean thatI never want to see you or talk. it is
    quite the opposite. I just think we should really start on a basic
    friendly level! I hope you understand what I am talking about and dont
    take it the wrong way!
    And whatever you do- know that I love you (my name)!

Experts please!!!!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It means.

She only wants to be friends.

And your chances with her were just shredded burned and spat on.

Don't dwell on her.

Don't think you can get back with her.

Just move on.

It's for your own good.

She Does Love U & Does Want U But She Feels Its Not The Right Time & If Ur Meant To Be You Will Be In The Future, Dont Listen 2 My Guy, Jus Accept Its Not The Right Time But Dont Wait For Her, Carry On With Your Own Life & U NEVER KNOW U Might Even Meet Sum1 Who Means More

Bless

she's buying time to look around the 'market'..lol
    everyone does it but calls it by a sweet name of " I love u, but need to figure out things"!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueLove
    She Does Love U & Does Want U But She Feels Its Not The Right Time & If Ur Meant To Be You Will Be In The Future, Dont Listen 2 My Guy, Jus Accept Its Not The Right Time But Dont Wait For Her, Carry On With Your Own Life & U NEVER KNOW U Might Even Meet Sum1 Who Means More

Bless
    Why do you make it so difficult for people to read your posts?

I think she means she wants to take it slow and see what develops.

I dunno what to make of it. She said all those things to keep you around because she might still want to go fishing.

There are many different types of things that lead to relationships 1) Crush on someone 2)Friends with someone to develop into more intimacy 3) Rebound relationships 4) Helping someone in need (ala someone helps someone in dire straits and falls for him/her) and others. And perhaps she wants to experience them all to see which one gives her the best feelings. (My current ex dumped me a 2nd time, the first was because she wanted to follow a crush and wanted to experience it)

But then again, she could possibly be emailing that to all her ex’s she comes across in the future, so that it leaves her with a menu of entrees to choose from in the future. (hmm, I think Ill have that chicken a’la monde please)

This is why I think NC is important. There are many advantages to NC, which I wont list them here, but the main one is if she does decide to take you back and you are still single, then the choice is yours. But if she doesn’t, then you would have endured a lot of pain but in the end you healed, and are happy with yourself and may have found someone better.

You know, just talking about this sort of subject has really made me think twice about staying single. It makes me lose respect for girls that do that, and I notice that girls are more prone to doing this stuff (rebound relationships or even cutting a relationship loose over someone that they just met because they crave that “spark” thing) than guys do.

Please girls don’t blast me, Im not saying all girls and its just an observation because Im feeling it myself (see my thread "Been 1 year, stuff going on between ex, and I need advice!!")

hey stones..
    i agree with most of what u said.. but what is it bout "if she decides to take you back".. well this kinda tendency is at the root of failure of all NC thing.. see even if she *wants* to get back with u, then also u should be ready to decide for urself if u really want that or not.. I have been thru that kind of feeling.."maybe she will want me back", but I think the NC serves a bigger purpose.. It lets u decide "IF U WANT IT BACK OR NO"

Hence the IF she decides to take you back. That IF is what should not make you dwell over the hope that it may happen.

If it happens and you are single, then the choice is yours. If she does and you are seeing someone else, then I guess depending on your point of view (if its stronger with your ex or with the person you are seeing at that point) and then it becomes an even tougher choice. But Im sure that most will agree that by that time, you arent going to risk your current relationship for someone that you used to love. For anyone "seeking revenge" (Note the "")on your ex, THIS is where its usually occurs.

well but why " SHE DECIDES TO TAKE U BACK".. am not just trying to contradict u for no reason, but i seriously feel that when anyone says that, it means, that person has given the right to the woman.. i.e she might decide to take me back, as if am some street dog who she is gonna adopt.. well lets just say, if she decides TO BE BACK....
    thats bit more positive and makes me feel better..peace out!!
    lol