+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex's and childern.

Ex's and childern.

I am going to summery up my post from a while back. I had a ex of 5 years and we have a 3 year old son. We lived together before she left to live her new bf who only ended up using her. I had major depression issues with it and closed myself to the world. I decided to move to my parents for family support. It was the best choice that I had, but I had to give up my job, my car, and most of my stuff. Now, I am just starting over. Been much better since I have people to talk to.

Anyway, the ex still cares for me as a friend. We talk sometimes, but it's more for our sons sake. If we did not have a child, I would completely shut her out for my sake. But... can't do that. We are forever bound. We both care for our son greatly. She even tried to help me get out of my depression for our sons sake, so I know she cares.

It's been hard on me, but I feel like I am doing a great job dealing with this issue. The number one rule of a break up is to not contact each other, well my rule lol. It brings some hard emotion in to play.

Has anyone else had something like this to deal with?

i can only say its great that u take your responsibility and keep taking care for your son.
    cause he have noting to do with both of u issues

Indeed, I just want to know what other experiences people have gone though and how they coped with it.

I must confess, I don't have the complication of having a child with my former fiancé but I did move away to live with her and subsequently moved back home with my parents. It does feel like starting again, and I have the financial commitment of the apartment that we bought together (at least until the mortgage term is up).

It sounds like you are doing a good job dealing with it, as you said. I feel the same way about my situation. There hasn't really been any harsh words spoken between us and she is currently living the guy she met whilst with me.

You are right, under normal circumstances cutting off all contact is the best way to cope (I feel), but with the obligation of a child or house, it is important to keep everything in perspective.

Hope I helped in any small way!