+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very confused, do I have a chance?

Very confused, do I have a chance?

Ok guys this has been annoying me for awhile. I'll try to keep it short.

Met a girl this summer, she's a new addition to our friend group. She asked for my number in August via Facebook in a friendly way, like "why dont i have your number bitch?!", so I gave it to her. We started texting I'd say 4-5 days of the week. It was mostly stupid, silly texting. Nothing that serious. I just think she wanted to get to know me. We would talk on Facebook too because she is a freshman at college now. Anyways, I really started to like her. Her older sister is in our friend group too (this will come into play later). So I made plans to visit her at college, she was always saying I should make the drive (2 hours). I made plans a week a head of time, but she said a math exam came up and I should come another time. That was fine, I didn't mind.

Anyways, once we were at my friends house, everyone was drinking (besides me, I don't drink) and she sat on my lap and we were holding hands for like 30 minutes. Nothing major, but this was the first thing she's ever done to show that she was into me. Anyways, she went back to college that week and kept texting, etc. Then I asked her sister if she was the dating type and she said "yeah yeah definitely, she doesn't just hook up with guys, she dates them." I told her I was gonna ask her out and she was cool about it like "oh thats awesome, she told me she likes you, just let me know if you need my help with planning it or anything." So i got really happy, since her sister told me she liked me.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving break when she came home. I ended up asking her to be my GF and she said since she was away at college that she wouldn't want to deal with not being able to see her boyfriend and she wont be home as much 2nd semester. I said I understood and it was worth a shot. So I let her know I really liked her. It wasn't awkward after that. Texting seemed to decrease a little bit. But the day before she went back, I asked her if I could talk to her once we all meet up (all my friends). At the end of the night, she drove me home and I just asked if she even saw me more than a friend. She said she did and that just talking about it was making her sad and stuff. I said "alright well I just wanted to know. Maybe something will happen in Summer, no worries." Then we hugged and I asked her if I could kiss her. She said yes and we made out for like 20 seconds. She said she'd text me when she got home. She did and we talked till like 5am, I guess she passed out. Next day I made a joke about kissing to bring it up, and she said she didnt wanna think about it. Apparently she was really drunk. That's what my friend told me. I let her drive me home, she handles her alcohol very well so I honestly couldnt even tell. So I texted her saying I felt stupid for asking her to kiss when she was drunk and asked if she was sober if she would've said yes and she said "I'm not sure...idk if I would because it might ruin our friendship." Now I gotta be the first one to text her (even though it was almost always like this). I can still text her and we'll talk about the same random nothingness as we always did. Was she being serious when she said she'd miss me or was that just drunk talk?

Did I mess up? Does she not like me now? I'm just confused. Do I even have a chance anymore?
    Last edited by Ryder; 17-12-12 at 11:43 AM.

it sounds like you like this chick way more than she likes you!

now dont get me wrong this chick is def feeling you and lieks you alot but not in the kind of way that she wants to be in a relationship with you. Thats why she politely rejected you and gave you some BS excuse about school being in the way

How ever she did make out with you and did sit on your lap which tells me she wants to have sex with you. Dont ignore the signs.

Maybe someday she might be your girlfriend but right now she isnt intrested in a relationship she is a college girl who wants to have fun AND THATS IT! now at this point you could simply be her friend and sit around and wait for her to be your boyfriend which may never happen or you can have sex with her and keep the friendship going from there and what ever happens...happens

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyshawn View Post
    it sounds like you like this chick way more than she likes you!

now dont get me wrong this chick is def feeling you and lieks you alot but not in the kind of way that she wants to be in a relationship with you. Thats why she politely rejected you and gave you some BS excuse about school being in the way

How ever she did make out with you and did sit on your lap which tells me she wants to have sex with you. Dont ignore the signs.

Maybe someday she might be your girlfriend but right now she isnt intrested in a relationship she is a college girl who wants to have fun AND THATS IT! now at this point you could simply be her friend and sit around and wait for her to be your boyfriend which may never happen or you can have sex with her and keep the friendship going from there and what ever happens...happens
    if she told me she might've not kissed me when sober, then how would I possibly have sex with her? I highly doubt she'd want to.

Women are complicated, I would try and turn the tables and try to seem less attached (don't respond to txts right away etc.) Best of luck