+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex trying to contact me?

Ex trying to contact me?

Hi!

My boyfriend of 2 years and I recently broke up (November), well I broke up with him after I found out from a friend of his that he had been cheating on me. He never denied the cheating but never tried to discuss it with me either, so I gave up and left. I love him so much, despite him cheating on me, but I don't have it in me to go back to him (I fear the pain). All of that aside, he has been trying (I never respond) to contact me for 2 weeks now, he calls, texts, he even called my sister and asked if he could speak to me. I have weak moments where I want to run to him and kiss him, then I remember what he did. I'm so infuriated but above all disappointed!

I will have to speak to him at some stage but what should I say if I choose to respond to one of his phone calls? I really need more time but miss the sound of his voice.
    Last edited by Dying_Heart; 17-12-12 at 10:44 PM.

See what he wants. See how he's doing. Keep the conversation very short. Let him know you're doing well. Don't give him a lot of room to talk about rekindling anything if its really over. When he starts talking all that stuff, politely let him know that you just wanted to check up and make sure he's okay AND that's all. : ) Simple chica!

Ladyluck's advice is ****ing stupid and unnecessary.

Keep ignoring him and eventually he'll go away. You can also try the fast route of getting a restraining order. Him calling your relatives and whatnot is crossing the line.

If you let him talk to you or consider forgiving him, he will never learn from his mistake and he will repeat it. Don't be a fool, never talk to him again. Your relationship is over, he has no business being in your life anymore...move on!

Every time you miss him or his voice, just think about how his dick was in someone elses vagina.
    Last edited by smackie9; 18-12-12 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Ladyluck's advice is ****ing stupid and unnecessary.

Keep ignoring him and eventually he'll go away. You can also try the fast route of getting a restraining order. Him calling your relatives and whatnot is crossing the line.
    LOL. A bit harsh no?

She's clearly asking because SHE is considering talking to him. There is clearly some closure that she does not have yet, and maybe having a final conversation will help her realize just how OVER the relationship she is and NEEDS to be to move on. It's not always so simple for people to be with someone and then the next day be able to completely ignore that person. He is absolutely a douche and she doesn't need to go back to him, but I suggest giving her the closure she feels she needs so she doesn't have to think about him or that relationship anymore. And that can include telling him not to call anymore after this conversation. : ) That's just me.
    Last edited by ladyluck87; 18-12-12 at 02:56 AM.

Why the need for details of his infidelity or even worse hear more of his lies. Closure is moving on. He cheated...end of.

I'm wondering why you *have* to speak to him at some stage. Is it because he's in your social group?

I suggest that you keep the no-contact happening if possible. It's what you will need to heal. If he's in your social group, then you may need to be courteous...but there's no need to have a 'talk' about what happened.

What's happening to him now is simply consequence of his behaviour. Let him suffer!

If people treat me like shite I try to avoid contact with them. The OP should try doing the same.