+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls, I need some advice!

Girls, I need some advice!

Hey all,

So I won't dress this up, I'll just come out with it and see how it shakes out with everbodys opinion. (Hope it's not too long for all you "Shorter version please!!" Merchants.

Okay, So by the off chance in the last few weeks I have been out shopping with my older Sister a fair bit (I'm 27) Since its Christmas, and I need the help with gift ideas.

So, theres one shop in our city that she always drags me into, proper girls only fashion store (No other men in sight) Now I have no issue hanging around in a Womans clothes shop with my sister or friends, it's cool with me and I won't do the sulking guy thing and rush them around, or wait outside. SO-This one store we always end up in, few weeks ago I'm with my sister and she jokingly asks me about some top, and I make a joke to her that it's "not my colour" then randomly this cute shop assitant girl saids to me "I think it might be" And we have a laugh for moment. As I leave she saids to me "bye, see you later" Which I get-all shop assistants do this!

So anyway, I think shes cute and it was funny, no biggie. Since then, I've been back a couple more times (Not stalker style) So the Weekend just gone I make a point of saying something to her, I see her and smile, and as I walk further into the store shes standing near me so I turn and say "I like your jumper!" Obviously, I get a thanks from her etc..

So, I KNOW it's not much to run with, but theres two questions I have.

1) It's going to look like I'm with a Girlfriend or something since everytime I see her in the store I'm with my sister- and she looks nothing like me! Thats a problem right? Because It's not like I can wonder into this place on my own, I'm a guy, I can't see the reason of "I'm looking for something" for anybody seeming genuine, because it wont be.
    & 2) I really feel like just going for it and asking if shes single, and if she would like to go for a drink-Any tips for doing this? I don't want to seem like a freak asking a girl out while shes at work, but it's not as if I am going to, or ever have seen her any place else when I've been out.

Theres a few other snags, obviously, I don't know this girl, she might have a boyfriend, and I don't even know how old she is etc..

Just would be really cool and appreciated if any of you guys (Girls) Have any advice.

Thanks for reading

Well first I want to commend you for attempting to just come out with it. You failed miserably, but here in the US they give you points for trying.

Now, just ask the girl out. There is no "best way" to go about it. If you're decent looking and ask with confidence(a definite time and place), you have a chance.

You had the opportunity to ask for this girl's number....why didn't you?

The other time you go just stare at her quietly and see if she also stares at you and smile if she does so just ask for her number confidently and text her later asking her for a coffee.
    We do not choose our destiny, it chooses us!

That's just creepy!

say to her: "Would your boyfriend mind if i took you out for a coffee" That way you'll find out if she's taken while you find out whether or not she wants to go out for a coffee.

Thanks for the advice everyone.I guess now i should maybe ask her if I see her this weekend and maybe risk rejection for christmas! Gulp!anymore opinions are really welcomed.

Ask her what she is doing for new years.