+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So let me get this straight..

I don't really know where to get help (and I would rather go untreated than have anyone in my family know). I think there are two things you stated that aren't completely true and misunderstood by you regulars I've corresponded with frequently: A) I do try taking some advice and not to completely contradict that which I receive and B) I blame myself heavily although there are external factors keeping me down, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I don't really know where to get help (and I would rather go untreated than have anyone in my family know). I think there are two things you stated that aren't completely true and misunderstood by you regulars I've corresponded with frequently: A) I do try taking some advice and not to completely contradict that which I receive and B) I blame myself heavily although there are external factors keeping me down, too.
    You can start at your schools Health Department. I'm sure they must have a councellor that you can discuss things with.
    you "blame yourself heavily" yes, that is obvious. Councelling will help you to forgive yourself and get on with being productive in your romantic, personal and academic goals. I think your family would rather you be happy and free of self-emposed guilt then harbour what you've been harbouring. Regardless, go and see your guidance department and don't worry about your parents knowing. You're an adult and no one has to get your parents permission.

I'm going to bed now so I'll just say; think positive and try to stop your past from dictating your future.

They're not sweeping generalizations, by the way: I've said time and time again that most of my observations are explicitly about hot girls. Sometimes I talk about the average girl but not as frequently since they aren't so glamorous nor factor into The American Dream (who pictures Prince Average or marrying a regular looking women in their vision of The American Dream? No one)(.
    So if you're only banging on about hot girls, why do you do it so often? Is it just to bring attention to yourself on the boards or do you have some weird obsession with hating them?

And if it's only HOT girls who you don't respect, why did you say that *most* girls do unforgiveably stupid stuff? (paraphrasing) I mean, *most* girls aren't hot. The it's the old 80/20 rule again. About 80% of women fall into the realms of average....with the other 20% being at each extreme of gorgeous and dog-ugly.

As far as I can see, if you think that *most* girls do stupid stuff, then we're still at the point of you broadly generalising negatively about women.

Perhaps it's the "obsession" you just suggested: I mean, when you were growing up and first started thinking about relationships, did you or did you not imagine attractive guys? You can't honestly tell me you didn't dream of being with a guy you found really attractive; similarly, growing up I always saw my friends get with hot girls so I figured since I had things in common with them that surely I too was capable of finding a girl I was attracted to. Then imagine the crushing realization that it's just a pipe dream.

Well, most girls DO really stupid shit (which to be fair most of us GUYS do but guys generally speaking are better with solidarity than girls; you gals are way too catty).

If we're going to break down my views and who they pertain to, the majority is about hot girls because I do harbor a LOT of bitterness towards 'em. Second, the average girls factor a bit into my views, not as much as hot girls but a sizable minority of the times.

As a whole, it's almost 100% about dateable girls; that is, not the girls equivalent to the super unattractive, nerdy and socially maladjusted guys.

Actually, my first boyfriend (from when I was 14-16) was average looking. Looks have never been that important to me. Even as a teen I've always been attracted to the person inside. So, no, I don't relate at all. All it does it further explain why you're alone.

At any rate, I agree that you need counselling. No matter how you try and justify those feelings, you're still not going to find any girl while you've got this mentality of hatred and feeling like a victim.

But if I DID find a girl, all that would vanish. I'd really rise to the occasion of being a good b/f and no longer have to feel this way.

But if I DID find a girl, all that would vanish. I'd really rise to the occasion of being a good b/f and no longer have to feel this way.
    And here you go with the victim mentality again. Teenage relationships are notoriously fickle due to the very natures of teens not knowing themselves or what they want. Teenage years are tough for many, not just for you.

You're now in your 20's. Your teen angst should be left well and truly behind. You won't get anywhere with this baggage holding you back

Well, it's not like adults aren't angsty so why doesn't it necessarily have to be that I have leftover teen angst, rather than an adult angst?

He's back! Yes, err, I mean....great, more anti-Semitism, sexism and pretentious rants.

Well, it's not like adults aren't angsty so why doesn't it necessarily have to be that I have leftover teen angst, rather than an adult angst?
    You can call it what you want. The label is irrelevant because it is what it is. Your gift for symantics is resume worthy.

I only really converse with girls whose looks don't intimidate me.
    Sissy boy.

Well, most girls DO really stupid shit
    You see? THIS is a misogynistic, sexist view. You deserve what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    You see? THIS is a misogynistic, sexist view. You deserve what you get.
    He's got a point to be fair....

Girls do mostly stupid shit? Ever see "Jackass"?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Girls do mostly stupid shit? Ever see "Jackass"?
    Everyone does some stupid shit in their life

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast