+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can I do?

What can I do?

Hi I am in a LDR and everyday he emails me and we talk on msn. I am quite open about the way I feel and I always seem to have something to say. He is a one line guy and never talks about himself as such nor does he get into conversations about anything I have to say. If he didn't email everyday I would asume he is not interested but from the start he has been the one to keep contact. We are supposed to be meeting in a couple of months. I have mentioned it but to no avail. What can I do to make him open up?We have skyped a few times and he really is a nice guy it is the lack of communication that bothers me.
    Thanks for any input.

Have you ever met him face-to-face? Which one of you is moving, and when? Why can't you date locally?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I like him very much and know he likes me he just cannot communicate in a romantic feely way. I believe he is scared and all I want to know is there something I can do to bring him out of himself? He seems in awe of me and he did say I am beautiful and wonders what I see in him.

I bet you haven't actually met this guy have you? So how can you have a 'relationship' with somebody you've never met? You 'believe' he's scared. Perhaps the ideda of waiting two months to actually meet in person just bores him. It would bore me sh1tless.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Have you ever met him face-to-face?
    Once more^.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thanks for the replies. If you research LDR's you will find a lot of them actually work. You guys sound negative towards them so I think your advice is coming from that mind set.

He is probably married.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

what is ldr. and i assume u barely know him. s if he doesnt open hs lips u cant get to know him so get a new one

Quote Originally Posted by geminimoongal View Post
    Thanks for the replies. If you research LDR's you will find a lot of them actually work. You guys sound negative towards them so I think your advice is coming from that mind set.
    You asked for input. You got some. You didn't like it. We get people like you on this forum a gazillion bloody times asking for us to give the advice that you want to hear. Sorry to rain on your parade. Some of us here are actual grown ups and we've been around the block a bit. A lot of LDRs are pure bullshit. Are you too scared to have a relationship with somebody you can actually see from time to time?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is true, some LDRs do work. I was in one and got married.

But we already had an in-person, established relationship before the distance. We also had a defined end point to our separation.

Do you meet these conditions? Have you even met? You keep avoiding the question. Why?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Ya he is scared alright, of his wife or GF finding out. When people are secretive or sort of distant, they have something they are hiding. He sounds a little paranoid. Let me guess you are getting a hotel room? If he doesn't take you to his place, it's a no brainer.

I like him very much and know he likes me he just cannot communicate in a romantic feely way. I believe he is scared and all I want to know is there something I can do to bring him out of himself? He seems in awe of me and he did say I am beautiful and wonders what I see in him.
    You will have to wait till you two meet. Maybe then he will feel more comfortable. Just a guess.

The problem with LDR's is people hitting it off and then not making plans to meet sooner than later. If you don't have the situation or finances to meet within a month or so, and then get together at least once a month if you hit it off in person, you need to stay away from LDR's and shop local.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Thanks. It is probably right about LDR but no matter what you think feelings are involved and some people on here should know that when they reply to a post they need to consider the persons feelings. It it so easy to tell someone to get rid or find someone else. Don't these people know that the world would be a wonderful place if it was that easy and we wouldn't have this forum.

Wouldn't it be a happier place if people didn't make their situation so difficult by having LDRs? Then there would be less hurt souls out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast