+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite albums ever

I own every Pink Floyd album ever produced, on CD. It's been an expensive proposition. Had a bunch on cassette in the '80's, then got vinyl, then bought CD's. Been to see them in concert twice - once in Germany the day after my 19th birthday. Now THAT was a birthday present.

I've not actually heard III (or any Led beyond the first two; didn't grow up with them, either).

Fleetwood Mac was in town last month. If I hadn't gone all out on a Springsteen ticket, I'd've tried to catch both.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I own every Pink Floyd album ever produced, on CD. It's been an expensive proposition. Had a bunch on cassette in the '80's, then got vinyl, then bought CD's. Been to see them in concert twice - once in Germany the day after my 19th birthday. Now THAT was a birthday present.
    That wasn't in 1994 by any chance was it? Because I'd shit bricks if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Wow. I think I've only got "Dark Side of the Moon" and heard "The Wall"..I can easily understand the love for PF and LZ. Although I've only got 3 albums between the two of them, I favor them as a tie for the greatest band of all time.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by bearz View Post
    That wasn't in 1994 by any chance was it? Because I'd shit bricks if it was.
    Nope, 1988.

Saw them again in 1994 in Oakland, Ca.

Alright, good. If it had been 1994 at the Hockenheim race track this would have been really weird. lol I wasn't at the concert itself, but at the track the day before.

Farmer's field in Mannheim in 1988. 15,000 people, standing room only. Packed in like sardines... when they started transferring sound from one speaker stack to the next (all 5), the entire crowed swayed in unison to the music. Kind of transcendental.

i'd KILL to see them in concert.

this is one is in my top 3.

Last edited by misombra; 14-04-13 at 01:58 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i'd KILL to see them in concert.

this is one is in my top 3.
    That... I don't get. That's one my least favorite of their albums.

But to each their own, I guess.

This is my favorite Pink Floyd album:

[QUOTE=misombra;891363]i'd KILL to see them in concert.

Saw them in 88....it was ok. The Stones put on a way better show.

Animals and Meddle was my favs for floyd albums, the wall was pretty good too.

Peter Gabriel was in Long Beach, I think it was, earlier this year. Would've preferred Phil Collins, though but there's a marginal difference between them. ****ing Neil Young is overseas all of this year, it looks like. Goddamn genius!

Seen Peter Gabriel too....not a huge fan the the show was fantastic tho.

You guys are so lucky.

Hia I think its a girl thing. Don't know too many guys who are into db. Abimals and meddle are on my top 3 too haha. The wall is a great album. Really great. But they just overplay the shit out of it on the radio.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Soo...an underrated band was ABC. Who could forget their classic album "Lexicon of Love"?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast