+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite albums ever

Ya that was when music went gay for awhile.

Lol, **** no...ABC was badass! Psychedelic Furs never really had a good album but their singles ranked among the finest of the time. A Flock of Seagulls had one of the most unappreciated albums; their eponymous debut album, though having "I Ran (So Far Away)", is on the whole a largely meritorious concept New Wave album.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I'm listening to momentary lapse of reason right now. Also in my top 3.

I like every album from morphine.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Jackson Browne has a few incredible albums. You guys remember him? Every time I think of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", I think "Somebody's Baby."
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

this is my favorite beatles album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJSpNyUQj-k

metallicas black album was really good.

Ehhh... The Black Album was the last thing that Metallica did that was remotely decent. Their peak was ...And Justice For All, IMNSHO.

I like that one too. The black one came out when I was in high school and that's when I was into it. Smoking weed with the rocker kids.

Scorpions are better. Who can forget the "Blackout" album?

Had no idea until recent that The Who are one of the greatest bands ever.

Yes, yes and yes a million times. Tears for Fears was one of my favorite bands growing up and I've always wanted to listen to a full Bryan Adams album. That one real good, eh? I also have been interested in Eddie Money lately. But "Songs from the Big Chair"...my god. "The Hurting" was a fantastic debut album and really was a perfect TFF album thematically...but with "Songs", they proved commercial intellectual rock doesn't have to suck.

I'm not meaning to be a killjoy - but am I the only person who hasn't listened to a whole album for a long time? I tend to buy single songs on iTunes.

I reckon the last full albums I played would have been around 15 years ago. Fat Boy Slim, Moby and Dandy Warhols would have been the albums in question. I did rebuy a lot of 80s stuff on CD a number of years ago but I never play them.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

HA! I just thought of a whole album which I would still listen to: U2 Rattle and Hum (live album 1988). Might have to go and see if it's in the CD box in the shed.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Should I give Rattle and Hum a spin? I love U2 but never been a fan of live albums (except maybe Neil Young or Peter Frampton)
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Should I give Rattle and Hum a spin? I love U2 but never been a fan of live albums (except maybe Neil Young or Peter Frampton)
    I don't like live albums either... Rattle and Hum was no exception.

bnt - I listen to whole cd's quite regularly.

Used to be much like b&t, until fairly recently. Now I do my homework or read with full albums playing in the background.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast