+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Habits: Stalking Your Ex on Social Networking Sites

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I'm so glad when I was dating there was no such technology. He was gone, he was gone...nothing to look at...life was so much easier then. I feel sorry for you kids.
    I envy you! My friend and I were just speaking about this, when her aunt didn't understand why I couldn't just "get rid of him" from my life. She doesn't understand my work position, but we listened to her talk about how she would simply change her celphone number and that was the end of it--no pictures, status updates, no fuss. While I appreciate the use of technology for the sake of my career, a true, easier detox like that would be lovely!

LOL when I was dating no one had cel phones. Pagers came before hand held cel phones and were owned by trades people or drug dealers. But we did have MTV and neon clothing then lol....not to mention big hair like Jem.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    LOL when I was dating no one had cel phones. Pagers came before hand held cel phones and were owned by trades people or drug dealers. But we did have MTV and neon clothing then lol....not to mention big hair like Jem.
    Yeah it's too bad MTV isn't what it used to be :-( I don't even turn on that channel, it makes my head hurt from all the hatred and drama.

I'm watching "He's Just Not That Into You" right now, and I forgot how much I enjoyed this movie!

Aaaaand the ending of a sappy romance movie is exactly why you DON'T watch this crap when you're going through a break up! Darn it.

Today was a bad day as far as disengagement. It's on my list of new year's resolutions, but I've become quite frustrated at myself and my lack of will power... these love movies don't help! Haha someone recommended watching it, and I can't imagine WHY now.

Well, tomorrow is a new day. Back to square one!

Maybe watching 500 Days of Summer might help? Be advised - it's VERY sad! I found it extremely depressing and I'm in a happy relationship, but maybe I would have found it somehow cathartic a while ago, when I was suffering from heartbreak... Perhaps read the plot-line first, then decide :-).

I really think you'll be fine, L&OD. What you're going through is something we've all been through at some point. Time and new experiences will make you feel better soon, and wiser :-).

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Maybe watching 500 Days of Summer might help? Be advised - it's VERY sad! I found it extremely depressing and I'm in a happy relationship, but maybe I would have found it somehow cathartic a while ago, when I was suffering from heartbreak... Perhaps read the plot-line first, then decide :-).

I really think you'll be fine, L&OD. What you're going through is something we've all been through at some point. Time and new experiences will make you feel better soon, and wiser :-).
    I'll look into it! I watched that movie a LONG while ago, but I don't really remember it.

You're right, I will be :-) I get stronger every day, even when I'm not realizing it. I look back on my journal entries from the first day we broke up (I always write in a daily journal), and I am so much more sound and at ease than I was that day, though I'm not 100% yet.

BUT I did have an epiphany last night when talking to two of my closest friends. It just finally hit me that as much as I miss him and want him back in my life, I wouldn't take him back if he tried. My friend asked me if I would, and it finally became clear in my head that I wouldn't. I wouldn't trust him and knew it wouldn't be the same as he was before this whole matter. It helped to know that I've made this realization. So yay, progress

It's good to talk it out with close friends....you get the best support.

I resorted to deleting my own facebook account completely! It works like a charm... I don't know what he's up to and he doesn't know what I'm feeling. I also used to spend at least an hour a day on facebook (So bad, I know).

So by deleting my own facebook account, I achieved two things.
    1. I stopped knowing what he's up to. I don't have to feel worried and angry when he post a picture with another girl, or spend hours analyzing what his status really means
    2. I stopped wasting time on facebook and instead, focus on working on myself

Although I have missed some important events, (such as a friends' wedding!), I still think my sanity is worth it. If my friends really want me to attend their events and catch up, I'm still reachable via text and email

I feel a lot better after kicking the facebook habit.

I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better. You're on the right track! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by getoverhim123 View Post
    I resorted to deleting my own facebook account completely! It works like a charm... I don't know what he's up to and he doesn't know what I'm feeling. I also used to spend at least an hour a day on facebook (So bad, I know).

So by deleting my own facebook account, I achieved two things.
    1. I stopped knowing what he's up to. I don't have to feel worried and angry when he post a picture with another girl, or spend hours analyzing what his status really means
    2. I stopped wasting time on facebook and instead, focus on working on myself

Although I have missed some important events, (such as a friends' wedding!), I still think my sanity is worth it. If my friends really want me to attend their events and catch up, I'm still reachable via text and email

I feel a lot better after kicking the facebook habit.
    That is awesome! Congratulations. Unfortunately, if you read my previous comments you know I'm a social media coordinator, and therefore can't delete any of my social media accounts/applications due to my work. I do put my phone away more often and try to stay off these sites when I'm not on pay-time, but I wish I could have the option to delete it!

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better. You're on the right track! :-)
    I had an AMAZING new years, and for the first time since this whole thing, I went to bed AND woke up smiling and knowing that I'm better off and will have an amazing 2013 :-)

Been a few months since me and this amazing women went for a time out and regular contact, deleted my fb account no constant reminder and maybe this way our time apart my sort it self out

Quote Originally Posted by budapest View Post
    Been a few months since me and this amazing women went for a time out and regular contact, deleted my fb account no constant reminder and maybe this way our time apart my sort it self out
    Hopefully! Good luck, stay strong!

So it's my birthday today :-D I am playing around on my new Macbook Pro (gift from my parents so I can work more efficiently when I telecommute), and all of a sudden one of my tabs with my email lights up. My ex just emailed me. It was a reply from our previous email saying Merry Christmas to eachother. It just said Happy Bday S***
    ... That's it. Just a "Happy Bday S***"

I don't think I want to respond this time. Besides, I'd probably only say "Thanks" or something haha, seems like a waste of an email and an interaction with him. Hmm...

... I responded "Thanks". I don't want to be mean. Not on my birthday. But I still am not sure if i should just let it go, or later on tell him that I'd like him to NOT contact me anymore, regardless of what holiday/occasion it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast