+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy asked me out

Guy asked me out

This guy I know asked me out in front of my friend one week ago. I knew he had a thing for me, but when he asked me, it was so out of the blue I just wasn't ready. So I made some excuses as to why I couldn't. My friend helped make some excuses too, which I guess he saw through. He's a little headstrong and arrogant and is kind of a lone wolf. Not surprisingly he's nicer to me! He asked for my number and I felt I sort of had to give it, so I did.

He texted twice within two hours and I didn't reply because I was busy and I just didn't want to deal with it as I thought he might still be hoping that I might change. I forgot about about it until the next day and for some reason just didn't text since then.

I then realised that he might think I gave him a fake number. My friend said 'don't reply and see if you get a prank call or anything of the likes'. Six days later I got a phone call from a private number when I was in a bar. I didn't hear anything and then I hear some music through the phone for a few seconds. The call then ended.

Does everybody get private numbers ringing and then hanging up every so often? because I don't get it that often. Could it be him, or am I being paranoid?

Isn't anybody going to reply?

I dont know what u r doing or trying to do with that type of reaction towards his text mssgs.

But i think u dont know what u r doing.

And if u dont know u may end up without him cause u where sending wrong signals.

U need to be hard to get and not playing it.
    But u need to let the men see that there is hope without giving him it all.
    Like if u want to act like that u can answer his second text. Instead of the first one.

But by not answering at all , notting what he do. Its kind of telling hi i dont
    want to have contact with u.

Floyd, do you like this guy or not? It isn't clear from your opening post. Do you want to go on a date with him?

searock: Yeah but he's a bit strange. I'd prefer if no one knew I went out with him?

Why do you care what other people think :S? If you like him, text him saying "sorry for not replying earlier, I've been really busy...
    how about we go grab a coffee some time, just the two of us? " IF he's still interested (he might not be, since you've done nothing but drive him away), he'll be happy and you'll have a chance to get to know him better.

Yea what you've done is a pretty clear signal of "leave me alone; I'm not interested." I think you should text back too. See what he says.

I've seen plenty of couples keep their relationship a secret until they were ready to be publicly official. I see nothing wrong with wanting to keep your personal life private...but it shouldn't be for the reason that you'd be embarrassed to be seen with him or something.

If you'd prefer no one know you go out with him, clearly you both have issues and aren't compatible.

No he's desperate for me

yoyobabe all over again...

Frankly, you shouldn't abuse someone by going out with them feeling shame to be going out with them.

Thanks a lot!!!
    I am agree with your reviews...
    Thanks for sharing...

The main question the thread asks though, is, what are the odds of the phone call being his?

Who knows, and why the hell do you care?!

I've gotten those private number calls before. They are usually marketing calls like ads or ppl wanting me to do surveys....usually related to a purchase I made or something I gave my number for. I've never had anyone I know personally make a private number call... Only exception is when it's long distance... The number shows as "private"

But go with your gut feeling.