+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This guy wants?

This guy wants?

Gosh... where do I start? Ok... so 4 years ago I was talking to this really sweet Guy who I liked a lot.. we were both really young(18) but we got a long really well! We never dated but it was about to get to that point. The problem was that he lived really far away so we never saw eachother. I ended up messing up with one of my best Guy friends and ended up dating the Guy friend that lived near me. Me and the Guy I was talking to remained fb friends but didn't talk at all... soooo I don't know what I was thinking but I ended up marrying the Guy friend( his name is Alex) and we were married for 3 years... until he had a affair and I divorced him... I was so upset. Well after that I made a new fb page with my old last name.. the next night the Guy I talked to before (Matt) messages me asking if everything's ok..( after we haven't spoken really in 3 or so years) I tell him that my husband and I are getting a divorce and he tells me he's sorry to hear that and says "if you need to vent here's my number, I'm here now, I always have been" so I text him a few days later and tell him what happened and he listens.. then we just started talking and catching up and what not.. he starts bringing up things about me from our past, small things like phone convos we had had, he would remember things like my favorite color and he would tell me how he remembered how pretty of a voice I had... just random stuff like that... then he told me that I broke his heart and that he never got to tell me how he felt... which came out of no where. But he remembers EVERYTHING about me. Any way I'm planning to move to the same state as him next year for a fresh start as I have some friends there... but I'm also planning a small trip there next week with my mom to scout some areas. He found out I was coming and wanted my mom and I to stay with him and even offered to tour us around.. he keeps telling me how excited he is to see me... and I'm... I don't really know how I feel... nervous... And excited but mostly nervous.. I just don't understand how he never asked me out in the beginning and how 4 years later he still remembers me and feels the need to get certain things off his chest... Idk. I'm still going through my divorce right now.. And dealing with that stress... He knows all of this so he doesn't text much or bug me.. But I feel like there is something there with him... Like the other day he was telling me about when he has physical therapy for his knee because of a snow boarding accident that while he was going through that... I was the best part of one of the worst times in his life "I don't think I could have done it without you". I guess I just don't get where he's coming from, I just want him to be my friend right now... I guess I just need someone to comment on this...

Sound like he has always been in love with you and would like to resume the relationship. If you like him you could just tell him you need to take things slowly as you are going through a divorce.

Good point I think ill do that.

Quote Originally Posted by geminimoongal View Post
    Sound like he has always been in love with you and would like to resume the relationship. If you like him you could just tell him you need to take things slowly as you are going through a divorce.
    Disagree. Forget about him and go and find yourself a proper relationship with somebody on another continent then you can share your love for each other in real ways like text messages, MSN, Skype. Don't have to go through all that fuss of physically being with them. Oh and fewer of those 'stains' on the duvet.

A guy doesn't go out of his way to remember old conversations, and your favorite color etc unless he is romantically interested in you. Sometimes things just work out that way...the right guy was him all along. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    A guy doesn't go out of his way to remember old conversations, and your favorite color etc unless he is romantically interested in you. Sometimes things just work out that way...the right guy was him all along. Best of luck.

Yeah i agree.. He's not very forward which is nice.. doesnt text much.. just little things when we do talk.. and the fact that he got really excited when he found out i was going to be near his town makes me believe you are right.. ahh i guess kids have to screw up before they see the good thats right in front of them.

Just goes to show ya you are not kids anymore, but I'm sure when you two see each other again you will feel like kids again

True. :] We will see what happens.

I think u should focus on the divorce and the healing from it and
    find yourself back and when u r okay again u can go meet new people.

Otherwise u bring mess into mess.

So like u said u should tell him that its better to keep it as freinds and if its not posible take your distance
    till u r okay and well for dating.
    And even thou he tells u nice stuff from your past maybe,
    i think its sounds little creapy that he keeps talking about the same little stuff of years ago.
    Like he have no live , only fantaszing about u . hm.....................

I just think he might be a little immature.. I'm def not ready for a relationship and I know this...

Why do you have to analyze everything? Just go with the flow and be in the moment with out expectations.

Why do you have to analyze everything? Just go with the flow and be in the moment with out expectations.
    Haha because girls are retarded like that. It's a curse. ha.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is true, but you asked what this guy wants. Sex. Sleep with him if you are into him. See where it goes. I don't think the same rules apply to old friends, you already know each other enough that neither of you are psychos (I hope). Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    I guess I just don't get where he's coming from, I just want him to be my friend right now...
    This however, is not what HE wants. He won't be happy with being friend-zoned. Sure you want to do that?

There is nothing wrong with telling him that you don't want him to be a rebound relationship, and taking it slow, but I wouldn't recommend making him a male girlfriend.

I guess it is hard to judge from text. So much depends on tone of voice and such.

I'm worried by him saying that you broke his heart when he didn't say anything. If you do decide to pursue a relationship I'd keep an eye out for him expecting you to do what he wants and to make him happy instead of him taking responsibility for what he can do.

But this may be entirely unfair. It is hard to know from reported conversation esp. text
    </snip ->

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast