View Poll Results: Would you like to have these things on the forum?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 60.00%
  • No

1 20.00%
  • Something else (post it in a reply)

1 20.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuff we'd all like

Stuff we'd all like

1) A functioning "hovering" function: when you hover with your pointer over a thread title, it is supposed to show you the first few lines of the opening post... not just the first two words.

2) Unlimited thanks: no 24-hours limit, we want to be able to thank who we want whenever we want.

3) A "Tough Love" section where "everything" is allowed.

4) Being able to delete our own threads/posts at any time, anywhere on the forum.
    Last edited by searock; 22-12-12 at 07:07 PM.

1/No, the hover function slows down the forum, and frankly, if you cant be bothered to open a thread, you dont deserve to read it.

2/No, I think the 24hr limit on "thanks", is a great idea. It means that people that dont log in every day cant go about randomly thanking people for posting shite. LoveReject does this with any candadian posts.

3/No, this is a terrible idea. If people are allowed to say what they want, it will just be full of homophobia, anti-semitism, and hating on canucks, and calling LA a cocksucker, which he is ofc.

4/Yeah, this is a great idea, it will enable people that have written a load of shite to come back the next day when sober and delete them. This is a great rule for canadians.

I'd like the "new posts" button fixed. It doesnt work unless you clear your cache, according to the wife beater.

Bump........

Quote Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post

2/No, I think the 24hr limit on "thanks", is a great idea. It means that people that dont log in every day cant go about randomly thanking people for posting shite. LoveReject does this with any candadian posts.
    lol youarabmofo. Where is "Candadia"?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    lol youarabmofo. Where is "Candadia"?
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Dmub Fggoat

llo u mda? Doesn't really work with that fact, but still, u mad and lol.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    1) A functioning "hovering" function: when you hover with your pointer over a thread title, it is supposed to show you the first few lines of the opening post... not just the first two words.

2) Unlimited thanks: no 24-hours limit, we want to be able to thank who we want whenever we want.

3) A "Tough Love" section where "everything" is allowed.

4) Being able to delete our own threads/posts at any time, anywhere on the forum.
    1) Yes.

2) Thing is, LA is too dumb to realize that a bot spamming thanks doesn't really do any damage to the forum. He's also too dumb to come up with a workaround: i.e., you can only get unlimited thanks if you have >15 posts. It requires a certain level of education in computer science to do this correctly, and LA's compsci background is none. (This is yet another fact that points to my superiority. Also, my English is way better. Way better.)

3) Fu​ck you.

4) Not gonna happen. That's written into the core of this particular forum software. Again, couldn't be changed without dat compsci ass.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A compsci degree != competence at computers. Ask any number of 14 year old who run circles around comp sci experts twice their age (or more).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    A compsci degree != competence at computers. Ask any number of 14 year old who run circles around comp sci experts twice their age (or more).
    We're not talking about competence with computers.

Competence with programming is included in competence in compsci.

Whatever sea wants is fine with me.. while you're at it, can I ask what the point is in putting all those latests posts on our profiles? Seems redundant when there is a link to them right on the left hand side of the profile page.

I hadn't noticed that... I also want it to go away, it just makes our profiles look cluttered and confusing, and it's useless!

I like the latest posts on my profile. It's a quick and easy way for me to check my days work. Keep it up LA.

I wish LA interrupted his frantic copy/paste of stupid news and took a minute to read this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post
    I like the latest posts on my profile. It's a quick and easy way for me to check my days work. Keep it up LA.
    I have my posts and HIA posts on my profile. Searock has her's and Basil&Thymes on hers. What is the point of that?

If you want to check your "days work" Bro, you can do it by hitting the link on the left hand side of your profile. "Find Latest Posts"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast