+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stayed Friends?

Stayed Friends?

Has anyone actually ever stayed friends with an X?

I know I'd love to just be friends with mine, but I don't think Ill be able to, as I get hurt again, when I see/hear about my X, with other guys. I wish I didn't, it would make my life easier but I do.

Or the other example, is that there are girls who still want to be with me. And I dont wanna be with them.

I found the only way to deal is just to cut off ties, but I think its unfortunate that Ive had to cut great people out of my life.

Is this just me?

It seems like most people have a hard time staying friends with their ex's. My best friend says I'm weird because I have two ex-girlfriends and I'm really good friends with both of them. What I don't understand is how sometimes people who were once so close become bitter enemies after a breakup. I just don't see how two people who cared for each other can become so hateful. Oh well, maybe I am weird.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Nah, you're not weird Zekk. Thing is...after you break up there's still a sour feeling of disappointment, unfulfilled hopes and bitter mortification, resentmesnt or even grudge. It all depends on how you break up and why, and most impostant, WHO made the decision to part ways. Ultimately I think love and hate are inseparable. Where there's love, there's hate. Don't cross the line and you'll either hate or love.

However I'm very good good friends with both of my exboyfriends. One of them lives in Belgium and we get to see each other couple times a year and we really love each other. But once again, we stayed friends because we were only 15 when we went out and that was really silly and othing serious. But my other ex...well, I crossed the line after we broke up and almost started to hate him, but then i got over it and we stayed good friends - our friendship is a rare thing, we are very alike, so it would've been stupid to hate each other when we have so much to share!
    I have it all. Including kino.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well it depends on the type of break up both of you had, and if you're willing to be friends with that person again. i have a few ex's that i still talk to and some that i really still hate. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...