+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do guys think before they start spurting romantic/flirty words?

Do guys think before they start spurting romantic/flirty words?

I've always been pretty skeptical because I've met and flirted with my share of male players who know all the right things to say to make a girl swoon. In fact, a couple of my closest guy friends are d-bag players (so glad I'm just a friend and not their romantic interest!) I thought seeing guys that seemed to have more serious intentions would change things, but I'm still hearing the same sweet lies. So, I'm just wondering, what are guys thinking when they say things like...

"I'll wait for you," "I want to make love to you," "Stay in touch," "I miss you," "I haven't felt this way in years," "You're so different from all the other girls," "You make me crazy," "You mean so much to me," "I've never told anyone this before, so I don't know why I'm telling you..." "I ran into your friend and was hoping to see you," "It would be nice to see you," etc...

Because I feel like I've heard them all. While some of the guys seemed serious at the time, they all eventually faded out of my life. So now when a guy tells me I'm beautiful or that he would love to get to know me better, I just think BS! ...unless he's really socially awkward or nerdy-looking. But, yes, since I'm a girl, there is always a part of me that really wants to believe what he's saying is true!

Do guys just change their minds that easily?

Quote Originally Posted by rayna View Post
    While some of the guys seemed serious at the time, they all eventually faded out of my life.......But, yes, since I'm a girl, there is always a part of me that really wants to believe what he's saying is true!

Do guys just change their minds that easily?
    I probably was true when they said it. But feelings change and we discover that the person we are with isn't really our perfect match. But those changed feelings don't make what they said in the past untrue. And It's quite normal for an ex to fade out of our lives after moving on. Again, it doesn't make what they felt back then untrue.

In short, you can probably believe that what they say reflects their feeligns *at the time*. It doesn't mean that they'll necessarily feel this way forever.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 24-12-12 at 08:28 AM. Reason: didn't make sense

I believe you can usually trust us inept guys; we're almost always honest guys who don't have the wherewithal to really impress you girls.

Good looking guys are extremely dangerous: they have certain physical commodities so they know they can get some however and wheneve.r

Not all good looking guys are dangerous, some, when they meet the right girl will fall in love.

It's true guys will do and say anything to get sex, so you have to drop your emotions, step back and go by your gut feeling. You will get the hang of it, and learn to see right through those lies. I find when a guy start saying that shit right away, you know you either have a player or an obsessive creep on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Good looking guys are extremely dangerous: they have certain physical commodities so they know they can get some however and wheneve.r
    Another inaccurate generalisation. I know some very sweet and thoughtful good looking guys.

Quote Originally Posted by rayna View Post
    "I'll wait for you," "I want to make love to you," "Stay in touch," "I miss you," "I haven't felt this way in years," "You're so different from all the other girls," "You make me crazy," "You mean so much to me," "I've never told anyone this before, so I don't know why I'm telling you..." "I ran into your friend and was hoping to see you," "It would be nice to see you," etc...
    Whether these phrases actually mean something depends only on whoever says them. These are fairly basic statements, and you cannot generalize on the entire male population's sincerity or lack of such.

What you should ask yourself is: Are you really prepared to abandon all hope that these words will ever be truthfully presented to you?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Another inaccurate generalisation. I know some very sweet and thoughtful good looking guys.
    So you know SOME..and can you even trust that they really are "sweet"? Attractive guys are extremely deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Yeah, they're called gays.

bro's got my back

So you know SOME..and can you even trust that they really are "sweet"? Attractive guys are extremely deceptive.
    Yes, for example: my ex is attractive and he's one of the sweetest persons I know. So is my current boyfriend. I have a soft spot for sweet, cute guys :-).

Probably gay or bi. Or hiding something big: few who act all sweet are really so innocuous.

Hahah, yeah sure, they're both gay... LOL

Lol, well, I don't know: I remember a former pal had a conspicuous nerdy, conspicuous brother who was "dating" a big, fat, obnoxious black girl which was a conspicuous "relationship." We're all pretty sure he was gay.

whatever...

For what it's worth, I wouldn't feel comfortable with any guy who says "I want to make love to you". It's such a gag-worthy way to suggest sex.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast