+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he looking for a friendship?

Is he looking for a friendship?

I've been involved with various meet up groups and there is one I've loved going to. Well, last month I saw the organizer for this meet up group was organizing an event I couldn't go to. I had plans elsewhere. Well, I saw this guy on the list of people that were going. He caught my eye. So, I write to him... a bold move for me. I said " sadly, I can't make it to this event but I hope to see you at another one." We'll he never responded. However, there was an event that I went to, on another day, and he was there. He just starred at me. He said nothing to me. I went a week later to a catholic meet up and surprisingly he was there. He approached me and we spoke. Again, giving me the stare. Lol. I left early from the meetup that day. I went home and wrote to him I was going to be going to an event with my favorite meetup. I said hopefully you can go. He wrote back that he did reserve to go. We'll he was there and I was too at the event. He made a stronger effort to get to know me and talk. However, there were many long periods of silence, At the end of the night I left. However, as I was leaving out the door he ran to me and said it was nice seeing you today. I said likewise and kept leaving out the door. In my mind I said to myself he's just being polite because he probably knows I like him. We'll the next day I got a email from him saying he had a nice time talking to me and would I be interested in meeting up for coffee, sometime? I'm confused. He's perusing friendship?

Gwk is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It sounds like he likes you but is maybe a little shy. Go out with him and see where it leads!

I also think he likes you (he wouldn't have asked you out otherwise) but he's very shy/afraid of rejection. It's probably the first time a girl has made a move on him, and he's afraid of misinterpreting and getting hurt. Make sure you're flirty when you get that coffee ;-).

All this staring and not talking just sounds creepy to me. Don't you want a guy who has decent social skills?

Never heart of meetup? whats the goal of that?
    And why would u leave early just to go home to mail him? While u was with him? R u normal?

And i think if there is so many silence maybe its not a match.
    So maybe u 2 should be just freinds if needed.

He just want to get to know u more.

Thank you everyone. Lol I will be waiting for him to make the next move. I was just confused by the invite for coffee by him. As for the one that said am I normal? I am very normal. That was a sad comment / question. I left the event he was at because I was tired as I work two jobs. As well as I said to myself he'd not making a move so I'm leaving. It wasn't until I made my way to the door did I see he might have an interest.

Again, thanks to those who gave me supportive words.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should slow down! He just sounds a bit shy to me, and you don't know him well enough to determine if he's a keeper anyway, so why don't you just go for coffee and get to know him before making pressuring him to decide if he is looking for a relationship? Meetups aren't dating sites.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?