+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: as a friend or more? Input needed!

as a friend or more? Input needed!

So I'm a college freshmen and there is this guy in my class whom I like. We both soon became friendly as we shared two common classes. He is a very social person but I'vent really seen him talk to girls much. Basically, I'm the only one (among girls) he talks a lot to. There have been several cases where he would accidentally see me and then he would come to me and start talking without realizing the time and each time I would have to remind him that he's getting late for his class and then he would give a sheepish smile and run. We used to have a lunch break between two consecutive classes and each time he would try his best to keep himself free to have lunch with me.

Now 10 days ago we had our final exam for our 1st semester. After our exam, I realized that he was searching all over for me because he planned(without telling me) for us to dine together. After dinner while we were on our way to our dorm I realized it was the night of meteor shower. I just casually told him how much I wish I could see the shooting stars but he took it seriously and he said "well,now that our exams are over..I'm pretty jobless.So I don't mind."

We reached an isolated area and the sky was clear so we laid down and watched the sky. We talked about our personal lives and academics and about a lot of things. After half an hour of sky gazing, we couldn't find a single shooting star. He suddenly said "Are you hungry? Let's go somewhere." I knew I was full but I had no problem accompanying him. Then we went for a super long walk and made each other laugh. After an hour of walk, he took me to a pizza restaurant. I told him I didn't want to eat anything but he ordered a pizza for us and requested me to eat. It was really cute when he was forcing me to have the 1st piece and then forcefully trying to feed me. We discussed about our families and about funny incidents in our life. Suddenly while discussing about relationships, he said " I don't understand how can someone just spend too much time talking,listening and looking at just one same person throughout all the time. College is about meeting new people and not just being with one person." Even though I knew he was right in a way, that still left me kinda baffled and I had nothing much to say so I just smiled and said "I agree with you." After eating he said he wants to continue watching shooting stars with me so we went there again. We spent 2more hours together and then we decided to leave since it got too late(past midnight).

On our way he remarked how he never spent so much time with someone before(7 1/2 hours). We reached our dorm and all he said was "I'm leaving for home tomorrow so I might not get to see you till jan.So bye.see you.I had a good time." and I told him "Me too.Bye." and we left. Throughout our meet that night I realized that he tried to get a little closer to me by handfeeding me when I refused to eat, tickling me, closing my eyes while I wanted to catch a shooting star, grabbing my arm and taking me to the pizza shop when I jokingly refused etc.

I'm scared I'm slowly falling for him and I'm having a hard time understanding what he's thinking. Does he do all this just in a friendly way because he likes me as a friend or because he feels/thinks of me as someone more than just a friend? Do his actions speak something? Any input appreciated!! thanks!!
    Last edited by gia01; 25-12-12 at 11:33 PM.

Sounds like he may have feelings for you. But, if you want to know you will just have to ask him.

The problem is that he's not really straightforward(or rather denial) when it comes to all this. He's moreof a " Common! I obviously just think of you as a friend. Relationships are just not for me." type and then MAYBE internally feel "I like her a lot but I won't say it." due to whatever reasons.
    It's like it's most of the times very obvious from his actions that he likes me but at the same time it confuses me when he's different on facebook. In college, after class when he's chatting with his friends he always has his eyes on me and sometimes he leaves them and comes to talk to me. However, he doesn't seem so interested/enthused on facebook or even on phone. He'll reply me after hours each time and it leaves me feeling like only I'm the one interested to talk. But he's again very different when we meet.

So, are you going to wait till he tells you about his feelings? Or are you going to take a chance? Because in the end, you are taking a risk either way. Just tell him your feelings and ask about his. That's all you have to do. It's not like you are asking him to be with you for the rest of his life.

ahh I can't really say that now because as of now I'm just trying to understand his actions. I will try to open up myself more if I think he's genuinely interested in me as more than a friend. Understanding his intentions are really important for me. If I let myself out just like that then pretty sure i might end up making a fool out of myself
    He's also kinda unpredictable with his actions so I'm just trying to figure out what he's thinking and what his actions imply.
    Also, I've seen several cases where talking about such deep questions in early stages have resulted in ending a relationship before it even began in the first place.

It does not have to be about deep feelings. You said it yourself that you are "starting" to have feelings. He could be as well. Also, there is no such thing as making a fool out of your self. Besides, we can't tell you about his actions. We can only assume. But, my opinion is that he might be starting to have feelings just as you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RipVanWinkleX View Post
    But, my opinion is that he might be starting to have feelings just as you as well.
    then why would someone say negative about being in a relationship if they have feelings for you?
    My friends say that he's saying that to test the water. They say that he's saying that to get my true thoughts about relationships out. However, I'm not sure if it's true because that made no sense haha.
    It's just that one thing contradicts the other...
    So confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by gia01 View Post
    then why would someone say negative about being in a relationship if they have feelings for you?
    My friends say that he's saying that to test the water. They say that he's saying that to get my true thoughts about relationships out. However, I'm not sure if it's true because that made no sense haha.
    It's just that one thing contradicts the other...
    So confusing.
    He could be scared. He might of had a relationship that broke his heart.

Does he do all this just in a friendly way because he likes me as a friend or because he feels/thinks of me as someone more than just a friend? Do his actions speak something? Any input appreciated!! thanks!!
    He feels of you as someone more than just a friend. His actions speak volumes. What more do you need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by RipVanWinkleX View Post
    He could be scared. He might of had a relationship that broke his heart.
    He never had a relationship before. Though he had a bad experience once. He asked out a girl when he was on the 7th grade and she rejected him in public. He said he had feelings for her that whole year but then he moved on by focusing more in academics. Now they both are good friends and he said that he doesn't feel anything for her now. It's highly surprising because usually no-one shares such a personal secret with anyone unless a very close friend. He hasn't told this to anyone except me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    He feels of you as someone more than just a friend. His actions speak volumes. What more do you need to know?
    because some of the things he says or does are contradictory which is what confuses me.
    Can't a guy do (all the above mentioned things in my post) all of this to a girl and just see her as a friend and nothing more? Can't it just be friendly?

A guy can certainly be friendly. But, you said you were starting to fall for him. Asking him about his feelings will not break any friendship. Just have to have courage.

as in ask him what he feels about me in direct words?

Can't a guy do (all the above mentioned things in my post) all of this to a girl and just see her as a friend and nothing more? Can't it just be friendly?
    Possibly, but very unlikely IMO.

ok. umm..so what should be my next move? I want to see where we lead together. We haven't been together for too long. It's just been 4 months and we used to spend 1 hour together every thursdays,occasionally bump into each other in dining court and meet after exams. That's it. Sadly,we don't share any classes together for our next semester starting next month. But, I'm pretty sure we'll run into each other atleast sometime if not very often.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast