+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sticky situation.

Sticky situation.

Hello all,
    First off let me introduce myself, my name is Colin, and I know posts like this are more common then not. I feel I need to post it even if it gets no replies to get it off my chest.
    I have really strong feelings for a girl who happends to be a friend of my sister. I met her because me sister and I frequently go out to clubs/parties and we each bring our friends. My sister and I have a deal in which I can't "hook up" with any of her friends, and I agreed. The girl I've only met 4 times and I knew right away I liked her. So the 2nd time we went out I tried to feel her out, but at the same time trrying to be slick enough for my sister not to be suspicious. I got a vibe that she was feeling me. The 3rd time my sister was asking her what kind of guy she was looking for and I was purposly overhearing. The guy she described was not like me, so I pretty much took my licks and tried to forget her, but by the end of the night I felt a connection between us. Normaly in this situation I would just ask the girl if she's into me, but with my sister being really crazy about this sort of thing I can't. It's really bothering me. So Im really looking for a way to find out. I was thinking maybe send her flowers. I'm really confused. I know the obvious answer is, if I really like her that much my sister will understand. I don't want to bring it to my sisters attention if the girl doesnt feel the same about me.
    Sorry for the lost post, I hope it all makes sense. Thanks for listening
    - Coli

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay dude.

Just to let you know.

Girls don't know what they want.

In fact.

Scrap that.

Most people don't know what they want.

Describe your ideal girl.

Now while some of the traits you describe will match this girl you have this thing for.

No doubt the majority of them won't match.

It works both ways.

Plus you don't even know her that well.

Oh and this rule about not gettin' with your sibling's friends is dumb.

I appreciate the reply .
    You make a pretty solid point about, now that I think about it she doesn't really match what I would normally describe as my ideal girl. Also, about me just meeting her, I've met alot of girls and she just doesn't(or does I guess) sit right with me. I can't stop thinkin about her, not saying I'm in love but still. I just don't wanna violate the rule albeit stupid, utill I can get a better read on the girl, which at this point seems tough.

Its the rule. Its something you can't, have so you obviously want it. You said she doesn't "sit right" with you. Thats an obvious sign that its more of a small attraction, but not much else. Start hangin around other girls at the clubs and ignore her or else your just going to tell your sis that u like her.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

wait for few days away from her and hang out if possible with some other girls ... then see whether you still like her or not and if yes then i think it is time to break that stupid rule

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past