+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flirting on a dating site

Flirting on a dating site

Hi Ladies
    I recently joined a dating website and have seen a gorgeous girl that takes my breath away. I was wondering what the best way to start a conversation with her might be. After all, you only get one chance to make a good first impression.
    Do you think I should be complimentary about her looks, or will that be too strong for a first conversation? Should I just start off by saying hi and asking her if she wants to chat ?

If any of you ladies were on a dating website, how would you like a guy to approach you? As you can probably tell, I'm not good at flirting. X

If she's gorgeous and on a dating site, she's either wacko, or riddled with the clap. Start with the ugly ones if it's your first time. You have a much greater chance of your hole with a munter.

Don't start with "hi, how are you?" or "want to chat?" because those will DEFINITELY get deleted.

^Spoken from bitter experience, lol.

Actually, yes.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am thinking an attractive girl probably has a ton of guys hitting on her, so you would probably do best to demonstrate that you have read her profile and are actually interesting and can challenge her in some way (bonus if you can make her laugh). For example, try asking her if she were a superhero, what would be her special talent.

Do not comment on her looks initially; you obviously wouldn't contact her if you didn't find her attractive. I also don't know why she would want to chat with someone she's never met before, so send her a note instead.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I am thinking an attractive girl probably has a ton of guys hitting on her, so you would probably do best to demonstrate that you have read her profile and are actually interesting and can challenge her in some way (bonus if you can make her laugh). For example, try asking her if she were a superhero, what would be her special talent.
    Yup, OP...you're ****ed. And not in the good way. Attractive women OWN dating sites: they can easily ignore lesser attractive guys and bag them a rich hot one. You're better off doing as Cool Story Bro says, which is to target girls that aren't as attractive.

You are better off honing your social skills and asking a woman out face-to-face. A large portion of women on dating sites are using a fake picture and just want attention and like leading guys on without actually ever delivering. Not to mention, a fair portion are actually men who want to know what it is like to be a woman on a dating site. The anonymity of the internet seems to draw out the least desirable elements of society.

I'd actually say most of the girls on there who are attractive aren't men or fakes but are major bitches and colossal airheads.

Real life is the way to go.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    A large portion of women on dating sites are using a fake picture and just want attention and like leading guys on without actually ever delivering. Not to mention, a fair portion are actually men who want to know what it is like to be a woman on a dating site.
    why would be the point in any of this? (puzzled)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Be yourself its better then u have a list of what we tell u.
    Cause u may not be able too do them at the end.

And its so unattractive if a guy have too ask u how too talk too u.
    Read books or go to classes about how too do it if u dont know how.
    Or ask your dad!

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    You are better off honing your social skills and asking a woman out face-to-face. .
    I agree with u!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    why would be the point in any of this? (puzzled)
    I would say boredom. Not everyone is gainfully employed.

1. Be yourself, be comfortable.
    2. Always see you with her box.
    3. Do not give up.
    4. Open her a little bit line like a book.
    5. Good luck!

may be work...

I agree that you have to take profiles on dating sites with a grain of salt. Chances are her profile is entirely fake if she is drop-dead gorgeous. If the pic looks like she's a model, it almost certainly is. If not, she is without question swamped with replies and will delete yours if you don't do something to stand out. I've been on dating/sex sites, and the things that made me pay attention to a man's reply would be an interesting subject line, several paragraphs in his response but not something that sounds like a copy/paste job you would send to everyone. You should tell some interesting and unique information about yourself and also show engagement with her by complimenting and questioning her about whatever you've been able to glean about her from her profile. She has no doubt heard a million times how beautiful she is, so compliment her on some other aspect of who she is. Pretty women love to be told how smart they are.