+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unsure of what to do

Unsure of what to do

Ive been dating a guy for more than 6 months in a long distance relationship. He's three hours away, so I don't mind. I, in fact, enjoyed it a lot. There weren't any issues. I do love him and consider him one of my favorite people.

I made a mistake the other day. I'd been stressing out about a few little things - work, roommates, stuff like that. And I exploded, and ended up saying something that was interpreted as wanting to break up. Once I figured that out, I tried to explain that that wasn't my intention, but he didn't.

He became convinced that a break is a good idea, as we both have personal things we need to work in, or that we should go back to being friends. I gave him a call last night to try and tell him my thoughts and that we shouldn't. These things can be worked on, an worked on together. His responses were something like, I still care for you, but I need to think about it.

I sent him a text this morning, to add in an apology, and because I wanted totally again sometime. Not today for sure, but soon.

I'm curious if this is repairable at all, and what I can do at this point to not drive him away. (I understand that this mining text may have been a little much.)

Don't do anything. Just leave it now and let him think about it. Don't text or call him, he is upset. You have made it clear how you feel now it is up to him.
    It will be hard but if he likes you he will call you.